talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Danny Ings Moves to Southampton

https://readcrystalpalace.com/2018/08/01/palace-to-sign-danny-ings-from-liverpool-in-24m-deal/

No idea if that source is reliable at all though.  @The Palace Fan do you know if it is?

£24m or him though would be great for us. I like Ings, even though it’s clear the drop off in quality when we’d bring him on for Firmino. He works hard as fuck. I think he could have had more of a role with us if not for his bad injuries. Hope it’s true though, because of the fee.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't mind keeping Ings as I think he's both a better footballer than Solanke and a better fit in our system. That said, my judgement is mainly based on the player he was two or three years ago. He's had two bad injuries and barely played since then, so who knows what his level is these days.

@Dr. Gonzo regarding the source, it's a guy that collects Palace stories over the internet.

That said, there's truth in this. Dougie Freedman made a real bitchy statement about how he left because our board wouldn't finance moves for Ings, Rhodes and McCormack when he was manager. We played Bournemouth in a pre season friendly once and made three offers for Ings in 90 minutes before he joined Burnley the following week. Since then we've signed Mutch and Wickham who were players Freedman and Gary Issot had publicly declared interest in. Freedman is now our DOF and responsible for all transfer dealings and has a lot to answer too after how shit our signings in January were.

1 minute ago, SchalkeUK said:

If the  guy on the left is confirmed then it matters not who is up front - their chances will be increased by lots and lots!

I completely agree. Given were paying him the same wages as Cabaye we've played an absolute blinder. Heads up @RandoEFC I'm changing my last man standing pick some time next week.

I cannot believe at a time when were penny pinching we are willing to spend so much money on a player with such a terrible injury record. It's not a new board. We should learn from mistakes.

We would be doing Liverpool a favour if we gave him a six month loan. How that smooth tosser they've got negotiating deals has managed to treble his worth without him kicking a ball this summer is beyond me.

Just now, The Palace Fan said:

I cannot believe at a time when were penny punching we are willing to spend so much money on a player with such a terrible injury record. It's not a new board. We should learn from mistakes.

We would be doing Liverpool a favour if we have him a six month loan. How that smooth tosser they've got negotiating deals has managed to treble his worth without him kicking a ball this summer is beyond me.

Michael Edwards is handling our outgoing transfers really well. When we loan people out, we're insisting they have to guarantee that player will play barring injury otherwise they have to pay us a financial penalty. And the amount of money we're looking to get for Ings and that we got for Ward is pretty ridiculous. 

8 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Michael Edwards is handling our outgoing transfers really well. When we loan people out, we're insisting they have to guarantee that player will play barring injury otherwise they have to pay us a financial penalty. And the amount of money we're looking to get for Ings and that we got for Ward is pretty ridiculous. 

Yeah, he would have got around £36m for two players that have made about 10 appearances in 3 years between them. Not bad that!

Nearly pays for Fabinho.

We speak about player upgrade, but Michael Edwards is massive upgrade on Ian Ayre. I know Ayre had other responsibilities too and was hampered by no UCL and not having a high profile manager, but Edwards work has been brilliant. 

As for Ings, good luck to him. He is decent player with wonderful attitude. Klopp even wanted him to stay. 

• Subscriber

Good luck to Danny. His attitude when he came back always made me want him to get more goals than he did. Even if you put him on for 10 minutes and we were leading he'd run like we were down and needed a goal. 

21 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

We speak about player upgrade, but Michael Edwards is massive upgrade on Ian Ayre. I know Ayre had other responsibilities too and was hampered by no UCL and not having a high profile manager, but Edwards work has been brilliant. 

As for Ings, good luck to him. He is decent player with wonderful attitude. Klopp even wanted him to stay. 

Ian Ayre wasn't the best with transfers, but he did a very good job boosting our income through sponsorship deals. Have to give him some credit for the position we're now in to throw money around.

59 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Michael Edwards. Couldnt remember his name. Smoothest man in the business.

• Subscriber

Surely you've got to be actually retarded to pay £24m for Danny fucking Ings. Wasn't even anything more than decent before he was injured.

Might be worth a punt at about £12m-£15m but again, in this market who even knows. Someone will go out and spend £30m on Marcos Rojo this week and make this look like a great deal by comparison. :whistling:

Looks like he's for sure on his way out for sure. There's supposedly a lot of interest in Ings so we've somehow managed to get a bidding war going on for a player that's hardly played for us xD - Maddock's been just about the most accurate journalist for LFC this summer. If he's saying Palace aren't favourites, I believe it. There was another report from a Southampton journalist, the first one who broke Van Dijk coming to us in January, that Ings is likely to move with a number of clubs interested - him reporting on it indicates (to me at least) that Southampton are interested too.

Michael Edwards is a genius though for managing to drum up that much interest in him and somehow getting his fee that high.

41 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Looks like he's for sure on his way out for sure. There's supposedly a lot of interest in Ings so we've somehow managed to get a bidding war going on for a player that's hardly played for us xD - Maddock's been just about the most accurate journalist for LFC this summer. If he's saying Palace aren't favourites, I believe it. There was another report from a Southampton journalist, the first one who broke Van Dijk coming to us in January, that Ings is likely to move with a number of clubs interested - him reporting on it indicates (to me at least) that Southampton are interested too.

Michael Edwards is a genius though for managing to drum up that much interest in him and somehow getting his fee that high.

I'd like to see him at saints. Give them one player after the many we've taken. 

3 hours ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Overrated and a bang average footballer. I can't believe Liverpool bought him in the first place.

24 million for him? That's criminal.

Bad days them. Ings and Benteke in the same summer.

Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp was tight-lipped on the future of out-of-favour forward Danny Ings after watching his side beat Torinho 3-1 in their final pre-season friendly at Anfield on Tuesday night.

The Englishman had been expected to leave the club before the window shuts on Thursday afternoon.

• The title was changed to Danny Ings - Could Move to Southampton

Archived