• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Sheyi Ojo - Going to West Brom?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

£15m 😳

Yep, more than we paid for Shaqiri, which would be a good bit of business for us. There's quite a bit of competition that I don't think he'll be able to edge out in the form of Salah, Mane and Shaqiri and... I also thought he was younger. Makes sense to let him move on, he needs matches to develop and he's not likely to get them with us.

5 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yep, more than we paid for Shaqiri, which would be a good bit of business for us. There's quite a bit of competition that I don't think he'll be able to edge out in the form of Salah, Mane and Shaqiri and... I also thought he was younger. Makes sense to let him move on, he needs matches to develop and he's not likely to get them with us.

If these deals go through it would be around £51m for three players (Ings, Ojo and Ward) that have barely kicked a ball for us. 

Staggering really.

He's shown flashes of ability, but apparently has often been disappointing during his loan spells and I don't think he'll ever be good enough for us. I'm happy with £15m.

1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

If these deals go through it would be around £51m for three players (Ings, Ojo and Ward) that have barely kicked a ball for us. 

Staggering really.

That's more or less what we paid for Keita. I know we poached Ings from Burnley, but this is why I was talking about the importance of having a decent youth setup.

3 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

He's shown flashes of ability, but apparently has often been disappointing during his loan spells and I don't think he'll ever be good enough for us. I'm happy with £15m.

That's more or less what we paid for Keita. I know we poached Ings from Burnley, but this is why I was talking about the importance of having a decent youth setup.

Yeah definitely and it should get even better when the youths and first team are integrated into one training facility.

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked

Archived