talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Beautiful Countries/Cities?

football forum

football forum

Pretty self-explanatory thread to be honest. It's a bit different from the ''Holiday Thread'' in a sense that this is a place to appreciate the beautiful places that you have visited in your life. A place to inspire others to follow in your travelling footsteps and put your favourite locations on the TalkFootball map. 

I'll kick off with one of my favourite places; Kotor, Montenegro.

20090719_Crkva_Gospa_od_Zdravlja_Kotor_B

b93e4759_d56a_4835_b66e_fa69a93c6795.jpg

Kotor-Montenegro.jpg

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tucepi in Croatia has to be one of the most beautiful places I've visited so far. It's quite touristy, but the landscape is breathtaking. When you can swim in the beautiful blue adriatic sea and look at the Biokovo mountains at the same time, it feels like paradise. 

gradovi-tucepi03.jpg

9288_Velika_Tucepi.JPG

Out of the Northern European cities I've seen Copenhagen has really struck me, it's been much prettier than I anticipated. There's a nice mix of 17th-18th century classical buildings, more kind of industrial revolution era red-brick stuff, and then really nice clean modern architecture. 

copenhagen_featured.jpg

hi Thomas - didn't know you'd been to Tucepi - brilliant little place and I was lucky to be invited to spend some time in the local school by a young lay who is Ivan Rakitic's cousin.  Great kids, great weather and some very good up and coming young Croatian stars to watch our for on the field alongside the beach at the north end of the town/village.  Will be going back again!

• Administrator

Biscarosse & Bordeaux. Went there with 4 mates in July 2015. Quality time and fitted in so much within a week. 

Lovely vineyards and amazing beach in Biscarosse. Short drive to Bordeaux and enjoyed some wine over the Garonne River.

Biscarosse:

IMAG1489.jpg

this was atop a tower in Saint Emilion, one of the well-known villages for producing red wine.  IMAG1535.jpg

These 2 were from a campsite near Biscarosse village. You can watch a sunset on top of a very sandy hill. IMAG1609.jpg

IMAG1638.jpg

Bordeaux:

IMAG1570.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber
1 minute ago, Cure said:

The one place I'd love to visit in the world is Saigon. Vietnam as a whole looks beautiful and I'd love to go there.

@nudge I'm aware you've been to Vietnam. Would you recommend it at all?

Well I love SE Asia, that's the reason I moved here, so I would definitely recommend it, hehe. Haven't traveled much in Vietnam so far though, it's all been in a rush while passing by, so I intend to explore it a bit more soon, hopefully end of this year. Saigon is nice if you like chaotic big cities; I prefer natural landscapes myself, but safe to say it's definitely worth a visit!

4 minutes ago, nudge said:

Well I love SE Asia, that's the reason I moved here, so I would definitely recommend it, hehe. Haven't traveled much in Vietnam so far though, it's all been in a rush while passing by, so I intend to explore it a bit more soon, hopefully end of this year. Saigon is nice if you like chaotic big cities; I prefer natural landscapes myself, but safe to say it's definitely worth a visit!

What's the worse "common" thing you've encountered in that part of the world...  Something that would be unusual to encounter in Europe?

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

What's the worse "common" thing you've encountered in that part of the world...  Something that would be unusual to encounter in Europe?

Garbage disposal. A lot of places still have a huge waste management problem (a combination of attitudes of the locals and poor organisation at the governmental/city level), so depending on where you go, it can be quite shocking - trash on the streets, in the rivers, in the fields... What makes it even worse, they're in love with plastic bags and styrofoam containers down here. It's slowly getting better, but it will take time, as the kids are being taught to take care of their environment at school, but it's a different thing once they go back home to their parents.

Another thing that pisses me off is lack of punctuality, but that must be the German part of me xD 

Portmerion North Wales, just on the outskirts of Snowdonia national park. It's styled on an Italian village because the land owner fell in love with Italy and spent up until the 70's designing and building it. It's now run by a charitable trust and iron maiden used it for the video for Prisoner. I came upon it completely by chance and spent the day with the family in glorious sunshine enjoying decent Italian food and a gelato ice cream. 

IMG_2548.JPG

IMG_2549.JPG

Some pearls from here

Calafate

el-calafate-portada.jpg

parque-los-glaciares-1.jpg

navegacion-perito-moreno3-N.jpg

Villa La Angostura

villa_la_angostura_puerto_2.jpg

top_excursiones_verano.jpg

Bariloche

vista-panoramica-circuito-chico-bariloch

Cataratas de Iguazu

cataratas-del-iguazu-02.jpg

Parque Nacional Sierra de las Quijas, San Juan

panoramica.jpg

San Martin de los Andes

20140429.SANMARTINDELOSANDESTOUR2.upd.jp

Chubut

chubut-paisaje.jpg

Mendoza

Mendoza-night.jpg

cordon-del-plata-jpg

ciudad-de-mendoza.jpg

Buenos Aires

PANORAMICA+BUENOS+AIRES.jpg

1.jpg

bue.jpg

5374445152_9a3f378db1_b.jpg

1.jpg

bbd96323a5.jpg

Mar Del Plata

panoramicaym0.jpg

Mar-del-plata.jpg

mar-del-noche-640x360.jpg

3354021.jpg

• Subscriber

Some of Cambodia:

Angkor Wat, a 12th century temple complex built by the Khmer Empire

web-sudeste.jpg

Upload_By_CKEditor_7172015112947506.jpg

angkor-wat-1.jpg

cambodiavietnam10.jpg

Cambodian islands and beaches

Song-Saa.jpg

Koh-Rong-Island-Cambodia.jpg

lazy-beach-resort-s-beautiful.jpg

54846716.jpg

general-information-sihanoukville.jpg?c8

National Parks

kampot-mountain860.jpg

TB_Waterfall.jpg

Bokor-National-Park.jpg

kampong-trach-kampot.jpg

KampongTrach.jpg

Mekong river

3221.jpg

Cambodia looks amazing. I've always wanted to visit there and of course Angkor Wat. In that part of the world I've been to only  Malaysia and Singapore, but I want to branch out further. 

Continuing my Latin American obsession, my favourite ever holiday destination is Ecuador. Pound for pound it has to be one of the best countries in the world for geographical diversity and variety of activities per area. It's less than a quarter of the size of neighbouring Colombia and Peru for instance. 

Quito:

BF83A421-1089-438E-9FB4-878A05E73887_tcm

The centre of the world monument on the equator:

1.jpg?i10c=img.resize(height:160)

Tena in the Amazon:

tena-ecuador-1.jpg

The Yasuní National Park also in the Amazon (reportedly the most biodiverse place in the world):

yasuni2.jpg

Baños:

ciudad-de-baos-de-agua-santa-y-volcan-tu

Riobamba:

616121_riobamba.jpg

Ingapirca Incas ruins:

posada-ingapirca-07.jpg

Cuenca:

orig_217232.jpg

Montañita:

ecuador_montanita.jpg

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Cambodia looks amazing. I've always wanted to visit there and of course Angkor Wat. In that part of the world I've been to only  Malaysia and Singapore, but I want to branch out further. 

Continuing my Latin American obsession, my favourite ever holiday destination is Ecuador. Pound for pound it has to be one of the best countries in the world for geographical diversity and variety of activities per area. It's less than a quarter of the size of neighbouring Colombia and Peru for instance.

Cambodia is indeed very nice and rather unique as it offers a much more natural, rugged and raw beauty than most of the other countries in the region (except Laos, maybe). Despite rapid growth of industry and tourism, it still has this feeling of an untouched mysterious land stuck in time. A lot of it is still undiscovered or even plain inaccessible; for example, new vast medieval cities hidden beneath the jungle have been recently uncovered in remote areas near Angkor Wat, and it just a small part of it that has been thoroughly researched. 

I've never been to Malaysia or Singapore. If only I had more time or financial means to travel the region extensively without having to work on daily basis, hehe... 

As for Latin and South America, I'd consider moving there if I ever decided to leave SE Asia. That part of the world fascinates me too, especially the Amazon basin, it's incredible.

• 7 months later...

Archived