talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Saturday 12th August - Wolves 2-2 Everton

football forum

• Subscriber

Good game that. After the red card I thought we'd have one way traffic but it wasn't the case. Neves is going to get much better with time and what a cross for the header in the box leading to the equalizer. 

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Draw would have been alright before kick off so under the circumstances can't complain although it is frustrating to have lost the lead twice.

Can't fault any of our players performances with Richarlison and Keane the stand outs. 

Wolves are absolutely bang average outside of Neves. How they can sign so many players and end up with that defence is a mystery. Patricio is a good goalkeeper but that back line I saw on the teamsheets and instantly felt better about our chances. I assumed they'd have some decent defenders the way all the pundits have been going on this summer but once again, I don't know why I put any stock by what those village idiots have to say.

If you can't beat last season's Everton team (plus Richarlison but apparently he's shite anyway) who won about 2 games away from home all season and played more than half the game with ten men and Holgate who isn't even fit playing the rest of the game at centre back, then you can forget about your rampage to 7th place. It's only one game today but I've seen nothing there to distinguish them from any other side that have come up recently, only Ruben Neves.

Still not convinced about the red card and replays now showing that Neves took the free kick from five yards closer to goal than the actual location of the foul so Wolves can't argue they didn't get any luck on their cup final day (and that's not because it's us, it's the same with any newly promoted side in their first home game).

I'm happy with our guts and some of our play out there though. Plenty to be positive about with Mina, Bernard and Gomes to join the fray as well. Keane and Schneiderlin will be like (cliche alert) new signings as well if they can play like they did today which was a major departure from their performances last season.

• Subscriber
16 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Wolves are absolutely bang average outside of Neves. How they can sign so many players and end up with that defence is a mystery. Patricio is a good goalkeeper but that back line I saw on the teamsheets and instantly felt better about our chances. I assumed they'd have some decent defenders the way all the pundits have been going on this summer but once again, I don't know why I put any stock by what those village idiots have to say.

I was also expecting more from Wolves tbh. Especially when they were gifted the red card to allow the game to turn in their favor. If you get a team that is a man down and you can't punish them then there's a lot to be said about what your attacking strength is going to be considering this same team scored a lot of goals last season too. It could also be attributed to you'll having a better day defensively but I dont buy that considering every time they got the ball the first option was to shoot from outside the box or recycle it to the wings and lob in a cross that 9.5/10 times never found its target leaving out the cross that resulted in a goal.

As for Richarlison, the guy is following the same trend he had last year where he was on fire in the first half of the season and then just dropped off as the second half came around. Still, that second goal was great and I think he's going to be a good signing for you'll because he offers so much more than just goals.

• Subscriber

I've got to be honest, I'm quite glad both Wolves and Fulham both failed to win home games today. I feel both teams have become proper flavour of the month and over-rated. I expect us to beat Wolves next week.

A lot of claims that Wolves are shite. A lot of claims that Richarlson was worth every last penny of his fee. 

It's been one game. Let's fucking calm down a bit before talking shite. Wolves just like everybody else have new signing that need time to bed in. They may be down at the bottom, but they also may be nearer 8th/9th...one game isn't their season. Save goes for Everton, your new signing might be class for you and Richarlson might go on and score 25 goals this season....but that might be his only good performance. 

Think there's been some very silly premature shouts in this topic. 

• Subscriber

I saw people moaning about the Jagielka red card earlier and saw a mix of people saying it was a joke, and that it was justified, so assumed it would fall under the "it's quite harsh, but you can't get away with it now" type of challenge.

But honestly, how can anyone on the planet think that's a red?

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, Rick said:

A lot of claims that Wolves are shite. A lot of claims that Richarlson was worth every last penny of his fee. 

It's been one game. Let's fucking calm down a bit before talking shite. Wolves just like everybody else have new signing that need time to bed in. They may be down at the bottom, but they also may be nearer 8th/9th...one game isn't their season. Save goes for Everton, your new signing might be class for you and Richarlson might go on and score 25 goals this season....but that might be his only good performance. 

Premature shouts like what? Me and @Cannabis celebrating when Everton scored? Neither of us have actually said he's proved he's worth every penny based on one performance but when you've spent all summer up until today hearing every pundit on the tele, every podcast, and reading every journalist and 'expert' up and down the country telling us that we've pissed a load of money into the wind on Richarlison and coming out with shite like 'Everton have ruined the transfer window' then it would be weird as fuck if we didn't have a pop back when he pops up and scores two goals on his debut.

Copy and paste the same argument but about how Wolves are the most likely team to break the top six this season and how they're 7th favourites for the league and how they've stated they want to win it within 7 years and then they can't even beat a 10 man beta Everton team at the start of the season. Obviously fans of Everton, Leicester, Palace and other teams that have been overlooked in pre season in favour of the shiny new Portuguese club from the Midlands and of course we'll have a little giggle at them.

Can't wait to see the reactions in your match day thread tomorrow when you batter West Ham 5-0 and Shaqiri and Keita both score. "Calm down lads it's only one game 😂".

• Subscriber
17 minutes ago, Rick said:

Never once called them shite. Just think they're a becoming a bit over-rated. Likewise Fulham. I don't expect either to go down but top half, or Europe, is going a bit OTT for me.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Dan said:

I saw people moaning about the Jagielka red card earlier and saw a mix of people saying it was a joke, and that it was justified, so assumed it would fall under the "it's quite harsh, but you can't get away with it now" type of challenge.

xD new angles on MOTD make it look a bit more convincing, in fairness.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Dan said:

I still think he wins the ball and there's an unfortunate collision of his heel into the lads shins afterwards. Apparently now that's endangering an opponent and excessive force according to everyone with a Twitter account. I remember just under a year ago when Mane kicked Ederson in the head about six feet off the ground and it was a harsh red card and the referee ruined the game by sending him off. Just goes to show when the media want a certain storyline like Wolves making this bombastic return to the Premier League then the rules can be interpreted however they want.

• Subscriber
Just now, RandoEFC said:

I still think he wins the ball and there's an unfortunate collision of his heel into the lads shins afterwards. Apparently now that's endangering an opponent and excessive force according to everyone with a Twitter account. I remember just under a year ago when Mane kicked Ederson in the head about six feet off the ground and it was a harsh red card and the referee ruined the game by sending him off. Just goes to show when the media want a certain storyline like Wolves making this bombastic return to the Premier League then the rules can be interpreted however they want.

I still think it's unlucky and probably a yellow, I'm struggling to know what exactly he's meant to actually do. I'm convinced you could analyse most slide tackles and you'd find a way to make a claim for a red card.

The other angles they showed afterwards make it look a bit worse in fairness but still think yellow personally.

Listen lads, I skim read this topic. All I kept seeing is criticisms of Wolves and Richarlson being wanked off a bit. 

If anybody outside of the media are claiming that Wolves are the most likely to break the top 7 then there being sensationalist. Just like everything they said about Everton spending money on x player. Bunch of absolute mongs. 

@RandoEFC @Cannabis @Dan

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Rick said:

Listen lads, I skim read this topic. All I kept seeing is criticisms of Wolves and Richarlson being wanked off a bit. 

If anybody outside of the media are claiming that Wolves are the most likely to break the top 7 then there being sensationalist. Just like everything they said about Everton spending money on x player. Bunch of absolute mongs. 

@RandoEFC @Cannabis @Dan

xD

What's worrying though is how much of the national hive mind lap it up and don't question what they read/hear.

I assumed with "lots of shouts" you'd done what I always do and see loads of an opinion on Twitter or something then come and post about it on here as if it's this lot who are trotting out the latest retarded knee jerk opinion without actually clarifying that I'm not talking about people on here.

Well, still not sure what to make of this game. I'm not sure if I agree with the red card as contact was made with the ball first. What a goal from Neves though. Poor from the ref to allow Neves to take the free kick from where he wanted though.

A lot of the plaudits have got Neves' way and rightly so, but Richarlison seems to have gone a long way to suggesting he can repay the fee paid for him. It seems like Marco Silva is the one that knows how to get the best out of him.

I expect to see both teams improve from this. Wolves have had a lot of new faces to introduce, and Everton still have their deadline day faces to follow.

• The title was changed to Saturday 12th August - Wolves 2-2 Everton
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived