Liverpool 4-1 West Ham
West Ham 1-4 Liverpool
West Ham 0-4 Liverpool
Liverpool 2-2 West Ham
West Ham 2-0 Liverpool

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

West Ham have strengthened well and have a very good manager in charge, but their backline is still suspect and I expect us to take the win. Our midfield is a lot stronger this year with Keita & Fabinho & add to that the likes of Shaqiri & Sturridge who can come on and make a difference late on. 

I'm going 4-1

Injuries and lack of fitness is a concern for Sunday. 

Fabinho may miss out after picking up a knock, same with Gomez and Klavan. Milner also may not be ready yet after needing 7 stitches in his head. 

Players who probably won't be match ready because of returning back late from the world cup are Lovren, Henderson and TAA. 

So that's 7 players potentially unavailable to start with us having only 1 fit CB (VVD) and nobody of note to play in the deepest midfield role unless Klopp moves someone out of position (Keita, Wijnaldum etc).

Not ideal at all, could be a good time for West Ham to play us actually. 

• Subscriber

I am going with a 2 - 0 win here. I don't think West Ham will be that much of a pushover but who knows what will happen on Sunday. Too early to say that we're going to rollover this team but the signs are looking in our favor. 

1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

Robertson bags for my fantasy team 🔥. Criminal how the flank was totally unmarked, Salah fairly unmarked too for an easy finish. 

Still sticking with my 4-1 prediction, put that and Salah to score first on SkyBet and the odds were gash - watch it come in now.

What kind of blueshite are you with LFC in your fantasy side??

Hope you lose 8-0, but more than happy to benefit from your lot bagging points. I have Robertson and VVD although the latter may be binned. 

If we lose 8-0 won’t those 2 have shit fantasy scores?

I’m so fucking wasted btw

Go to sleep mate X 

I set like 50 alarms for this lol I’m not missing it, regardless of how much I probably shouldn’t have gone out last night. No way will I go to sleep now... until this is over 

• Subscriber

Too easy. Liverpool a class above and West Ham a bit of a mess. A lot of new signings though so I can see them starting quite badly.

That 2nd goal is just suicidal defending.

1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

Good first half overall. Kieta, Mane and Salah have been good, Milner also having a fine game so far. 

Keep it up and get a couple more lads. 

Milner’s been excellent, Salah and Mane both look very sharp, we look very comfortable. Keita’s fitting in like this isn’t his first real match. As long as it stays this comfortable for us this is a nice start to the season.

9 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Can understand the hype for Keita now 

He’s looked lively. 

2 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Good first half overall. Kieta, Mane and Salah have been good, Milner also having a fine game so far. 

Keep it up and get a couple more lads. 

Yep. We’ve looked pretty sharp for a first round match. Mane the standout so far imo.

I’m happy to see Gomez get a run at CB too. I;d like to see him approach the first team this year....

TAA great free kick. 

• Subscriber

West Ham also have a horrible start like we did last year, playing all of last year's top 6 plus Everton and Leicester away in their first 11 games or something. If they didn't have such a big name manager in Pellegrini and it was someone average instead they'd be nailed on first manager to get sacked. Wouldn't rule it out anyway though.

• The title was changed to Sunday 12th August - Liverpool 4-0 West Ham
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived