talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Sunday 12th August - Arsenal 0-2 Man City

football forum

14 hours ago, Harry said:

If I'm an arsenal fan a consistent 6th would be my expectation for the season. I'm happy provided there is stability and a new spine to the side start to take shape that gives something positive to take into next summer's player recruitment. 

It's not a 1 year rebuild. 

I expect us to be making a nuisance of ourselves to that top four. I personally don’t see anything sacred where a top four certainty is in question (two clubs aside)

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I expect us to be making a nuisance of ourselves to that top four. I personally don’t see anything sacred where a top four certainty is in question (two clubs aside)

Its not impossible for arsenal to finish fourth but that would surely be a case of expectations exceeded. 

12 minutes ago, Harry said:

Its not impossible for arsenal to finish fourth but that would surely be a case of expectations exceeded. 

Indeed!

Without a doubt our reality would make a top four finish something to celebrate unfortunately. That’s what we have and that’s what we have to dream of as far as Arsenal fans are concerned.

But the season is one day old and making any assessment, analysis, conclusions or credible opinions based on what we’re coming from as a club and the fact we have a new coach (a coach for the first time in our history as a club)... In conjunction with our first game being against the Premier League Champions and not just any champions either, but a team that knows what their coach wants and has adapted to this... Then we can cancel any perceptions at this moment in time for me. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived