football forum

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Happy Blue said:

Yep, and City won a major title 20+ years before Arsenal won anything of note 

We've still won more than you. 

2 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Play half a 1st team, don't get out of 1st gear, win 2-0 at Arsenal  ..Wenger out! :ph34r:

You had most of your first team in that squad today. Not like you played your reserves 

It went pretty much how it was expected to go. At least a very difficult game is out of the way early.

And it's terrible for football that this ethically corrupt project at Man City is going so well. Anyone supporting Man City or happy about them doing well need to be thrown off a bridge. :coffee:

Now we have to get ready to face Man City's dad next week.

7 minutes ago, 6666 said:

It went pretty much how it was expected to go. At least a very difficult game is out of the way early.

And it's terrible for football that this ethically corrupt project at Man City is going so well. Anyone supporting Man City or happy about them doing well need to be thrown off a bridge. :coffee:

Is it so bad what they are doing though? I'd love to say it is and they are not a proper club but all clubs have had investment or were started by rich owners or are from bigger cities. Arsenal almost went bankrupt but were saved by an investor 

2 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

Posting for the vid not the comment. So close to being one of the greatest own goals of Premier League history.

I'd rather never see piers morgan ever

2 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Emery’s record against Guardiola sides is terrible anyway.

This was always going to be a game to just get it over and done with. 

Not surprised by this... When we played Arsenal in that baked bean cup thing we were all over them in the first half and could have had 4 if it was not for our woeful finishing.. I think both Arsenal & Chelsea will do fairly well against clubs that are outside the top 6 but when attacking sides like City, Liverpool, Spurs come knocking both defences may find themselves coming up short... They have too much firepower it's almost inevitable that you will concede at some point or another.. 

20 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

And which bridge would you like to try throw me off? ..are you free next Tuesday? :)

People say Happy Blue never gets rattled because he's an expert troll but you know someone's rattled when they put on a tough guy act. xD

Go back to watching YouTube documentaries about vaccine conspiracies. :coffee:

2 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Is it so bad what they are doing though? I'd love to say it is and they are not a proper club but all clubs have had investment or were started by rich owners or are from bigger cities. Arsenal almost went bankrupt but were saved by an investor 

Yes.

And comparing a club being funded by state money and financially doping their way to high level success with a club being saved from bankruptcy is pretty ridiculous. 

8 minutes ago, 6666 said:

People say Happy Blue never gets rattled because he's an expert troll but you know someone's rattled when they put on a tough guy act. xD

Go back to watching YouTube documentaries about vaccine conspiracies. :coffee:

Mad banterz :friends:

2 hours ago, 6666 said:

I'm chuffed for them.

Their fans haven't always been used to glory. Especially the fans that were at Wembley the day they came from 2-0 down in the 90th minute in the Division Two Playoff Final against Gillingham. They have seen their team drop as low as they could go.

Now they are experiencing the high's. The most honest City fan (and there are many amongst their fanbase from my experience) are actually quite humble knowing where they came from to where they are now, and appreciate it more.

Not if, but when they win the Champions League, that will be a great journey completed from when they were playing Bury in Division Two with Shaun Goater up front.

12 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Yes.

And comparing a club being funded by state money and financially doping their way to high level success with a club being saved from bankruptcy is pretty ridiculous. 

You say anything is ridiculous  you don't agree with. Funny piers Morgan does that who you don't like.  Most big clubs were formed in areas with big populations which helped them get to where they are. Or they were formed by wealthy people. All clubs have had investment at some point city have just had more. Would you complain of we spent as much money? 

13 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

You say anything is ridiculous  you don't agree with. Funny piers Morgan does that who you don't like.  Most big clubs were formed in areas with big populations which helped them get to where they are. Or they were formed by wealthy people. All clubs have had investment at some point city have just had more. Would you complain of we spent as much money? 

I didn't know I was supposed to agree with things that I disagree with, that makes a lot more sense... And the last time we had this conversation was over you not knowing what a contract is.

And the issue isn't spending money as plenty of clubs spend money, the issue is that Man City, like PSG, have zero relevance or connection to the club they were before their takeovers. Their whole identity is "we used to suck but we have rich owners now".

16 minutes ago, 6666 said:

I didn't know I was supposed to agree with things that I disagree with, that makes a lot more sense... And the last time we had this conversation was over you not knowing what a contract is.

And the issue isn't spending money as plenty of clubs spend money, the issue is that Man City, like PSG, have zero relevance or connection to the club they were before their takeovers. Their whole identity is "we used to suck but we have rich owners now".

Its not about agreeing with things you dont agree with. Most people on here just voice an opinion. You always say anybody who disagrees with you are idiots, definitely wrong etc. You're arrogant.

And your missing the point. One club was formed by rich owners in a big area where they can attract more fans. One club was formed by less rich owners. The small club then gets bought by rich owners. What is wrong with that? Arsenal were only bigger than city because we had richer owners in the first place and were formed in an area where we could charge more for tickets which helped is become what  we are.

• The title was changed to Sunday 12th August - Arsenal 0-2 Man City
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived