talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Sunday 12th August - Arsenal 0-2 Man City

football forum

• Subscriber

Genuine curiosity, what has Emery been working on over the summer in terms of tactics and recruitment that we can look out for as neutral fans? It's not instantly obvious from looking at Arsenal's lineup aside from wanting to bring in proven, experienced defenders like Lichtsteiner and Sokratis.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

Genuine curiosity, what has Emery been working on over the summer in terms of tactics and recruitment that we can look out for as neutral fans? It's not instantly obvious from looking at Arsenal's lineup aside from wanting to bring in proven, experienced defenders like Lichtsteiner and Sokratis.

Their press stands out if anything. 

9 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Their press stands out if anything. 

I missed the game today but against you in the friendly our press looked more intense and we looked better at the back. It's not gonna be a quick fix at arsenal it will take time. 

27 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

I got told off for calling it a fag so had to use something less offensive to it :ph34r:

Don't get banned your posts are my go to when I need a laugh 

As if Arsenal don't have their hands in similar pockets as Man City xD Forgetting the sponsor that has backed you and your stadium since you moved to the new ground.

Arsenal don't really look like a team with any sort of plan or style, are there injury issues or was it just tactical that Emery started Maitland-Niles and Guendouzi against the reigning champions? Feel like that's the wrong game to start giving them that sort of experience.

Overall Arsenal just look like the same old Arsenal, Emery and their DoF have a big rebuild project ahead of them.

It wasn’t a game for experimentation for sure but lets not kid ourselves... Unless something odd occurred which handed us some sort of unexpected and unorthodox advantage, we had no chance. We are not playing in that league!

There are three seperate leagues in this division right now and we are clearly and firmly in the second tier while playing the best of the best in this division today.

With this I’m not saying we went in there or should’ve gone in there with any sort of a defeatest attitude. But any sane Arsenal fan didn’t exoect anything out of this game and it being the first clash of the season with a new manager didn’t help either.

They practically didn’t come out of second gear today with patches where they were labouring and saving energies. 

4 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

It wasn’t a game for experimentation for sure but lets not kid ourselves... Unless something odd occurred which handed us some sort of unexpected and unorthodox advantage, we had no chance. We are not playing in that league!

There are three seperate leagues in this division right now and we are clearly and firmly in the second tier while playing the best of the best in this division today.

With this I’m not saying we went in there or should’ve gone in there with any sort of a defeatest attitude. But any sane Arsenal fan didn’t exoect anything out of this game and it being the first clash of the season with a new manager didn’t help either.

They practically didn’t come out of second gear today with patches where they were labouring and saving energies. 

City are definitely leaps ans bounds ahead of you which was obvious, but you definitely could have pushed for a tighter game. They easily could have won 3-0 or 4-0.

• The title was changed to Sunday 12th August - Arsenal 0-2 Man City

You cannot judge too much of this performance as its still work in progress,  I think Emery should be judged after 10 games in the league. I still think the recruitment has been a shambles and will surely cost Arsenal until the next transfer window. 

19 hours ago, Harvsky said:

Posting for the vid not the comment. So close to being one of the greatest own goals of Premier League history.

I'd have trouble believing there could be any other OG that would come close to that clip. 

I love Cech. But would have just been too funny... 😂

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Harry said:

I'd have trouble believing there could be any other OG that would come close to that clip. 

I love Cech. But would have just been too funny... 😂

Man City are light years ahead but I thought the Arsenal performance was pathetic. Cech just wasn’t comfortable playing that way and surely that would’ve been apparent in training or pre-season.

All of the midfield were shit. I’ve seen a few people say Guendozi played well I also thought he was crap. He had energy and tried hard but was really poor on the ball. Then again, if I was an Arsenal fan I guess you’re rather him play than Xhaka. Xhaka ain’t improving but the kid might.

Mhki was awful, gave no support to the full backs, can’t believe he lasted 90.

I think Arsenal will be 6th and a fair way back from the rest of the pack. Really not impressed with their Europa league signings.

9 hours ago, Stan said:

here you go @Harry

😂

That's definitely getting warmer. I'd still rank cechs ahead tho had it gone in. Funnier because it's more understandable, equally dumb and a lot like he was just playing for the other team. 

5 hours ago, Marc said:

Man City are light years ahead but I thought the Arsenal performance was pathetic. Cech just wasn’t comfortable playing that way and surely that would’ve been apparent in training or pre-season.

All of the midfield were shit. I’ve seen a few people say Guendozi played well I also thought he was crap. He had energy and tried hard but was really poor on the ball. Then again, if I was an Arsenal fan I guess you’re rather him play than Xhaka. Xhaka ain’t improving but the kid might.

Mhki was awful, gave no support to the full backs, can’t believe he lasted 90.

I think Arsenal will be 6th and a fair way back from the rest of the pack. Really not impressed with their Europa league signings.

If I'm an arsenal fan a consistent 6th would be my expectation for the season. I'm happy provided there is stability and a new spine to the side start to take shape that gives something positive to take into next summer's player recruitment. 

It's not a 1 year rebuild. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived