talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

M'baye Niang - Arsenal Linked

The Daily Express reports Arsenal have an interest in Torino forward M'Baye Niang, who impressed for Senegal at this summer's World Cup and had a trial with the Gunners under former boss Arsene Wenger.

Niang also has Premier League experience after spending half a season on loan at Watford in 2016/17, before linking up with the Hornets' then-boss Walter Mazzarri again at Torino.

The Italian club's sporting director, Gianluca Petrachi, has said he cannot rule out the 23-year-old leaving Turin this summer, something the newspaper believes would see the Gunners at the front of the queue.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wasn't that impressive on trial when there was some hype around him, wasn't that impressive with a big club like AC Milan and wasn't that impressive in the Premier League.

If we sell Lucas Perez for the ridiculously low fees being mentioned and then bring in Niang for more then that's a big fail in my opinion.

Don't want this at all.  But these sorts of signings that you would see lower mid tables making are a result of our immediate past and all the errors.  Hopefully it won't come to fruition as I'd rather be under staffed in the player department than sign more mediocrity that's difficult to move on at a later date.

39 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Wasn't that impressive on trial when there was some hype around him, wasn't that impressive with a big club like AC Milan and wasn't that impressive in the Premier League.

If we sell Lucas Perez for the ridiculously low fees being mentioned and then bring in Niang for more then that's a big fail in my opinion.

It would have made sense to give Lucas Perez another chance with a new manager now there if you ask me. 

35 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

It would have made sense to give Lucas Perez another chance with a new manager now there if you ask me. 

It's pure speculation on our part as far as I can see and even in that sense it smells of mediocrity... Call me arrogant but we're better than Niang.  The problem is how do you prove we're better because the name of the club isn't enough.

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked

Archived