talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Adam Armstrong Joins Blackburn Rovers

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still not official but sounds like the deal should be completed. A front 3 of Armstrong, Dack and Palmer behind Graham is very exciting with Smallwood and Evans/Bennett protecting the back four.

He has been hit and miss in the Championship previously but he fits in with our style of play and has a manager who fully believes in him and who has had success with in the past. Just hope he is signed up soon so no one else comes in with a late bid as the price quoted is a bargain.

He should have been playing for us when we were in the Championship. Opportunity lost.

He has done well playing for the top teams in league one but is probably one of those kids that needs to be at a good Championship team to kick on. Playing for strugglers means less attacking time and quality support.

Really happy with this signing and compared to what other strikers have gone for in the Championship I think this deal will prove to be a bargain. He fits in well with our system and I can't wait to see him play alongside Dack and Palmer in behind Graham.

• 2 weeks later...

Absolutely loving Armstrong being back after just 2 games! He got a goal last night and looked really sharp.

A front three of him, Dack and Palmer is frightening at this level. He looks full of confidence and we play to his strengths, I just still can't believe we got him so cheaply especially when you see other strikers of far less quality/potential going for double the price in this league!

Archived