talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Danny Welbeck - Free to leave, Everton circling

football forum

Rumours arising and becoming louder that Arsenal’s Danny Welbeck has been told he’s free to leave and that Unai Emery has spoken to him that he won’t be having much playing time due to his future plans for the team.

Everton have emerged as the favourites to sign the Arsenal and ex-Manchester United striker. 

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Southampton and Bournemouth have also been linked.

Of the three I think he has the best chance of being a success at Bournemouth. I imagine he will slog out another year at Arsenal given how late it is in the window, but at the same time I wouldn't be surprised if Everton pay over the odds for him and he doesn't light any fireworks there for a couple of seasons.

On ‎04‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 08:07, Stan said:

useless striker. never liked him. touch of a rapist. 

Everton could do so much better.

I thought it was weird when Arsenal signed him, even though he clearly wasn't going to make it at Man Utd. And to nobody's surprise (well maybe to some peoples surprise), he was dogshite at Arsenal as well. Works very hard for his sides though, but that's not enough to be a striker at Arsenal unless you want to be 4th choice.

No idea why Everton would sign him. He's not a kid anymore with the potential to improve. If they need a hardworking striker, give Calvert-Lewin more opportunities. I don't think he'll become a particularly good player either, but there's infinitely more chance of that happening than Welbeck being a good signing for them. And he'll probably always run through walls for the club.

Having said all of that, I hope Everton sign him, at an overinflated fee. On enormous wages.

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

If I had a penny for every time we've been linked with Welbeck since his loan season at Sunderland, I could buy 5 Richarlisons myself.

I thought that's what you'd done when I saw the fee.

His wages (as has been said) doesn't justify any investment on him no matter how easy Arsenal make it for him to move.  Unless Welbeck understands that he's been massively overpaid and that he has been lucky, then we're going to find it difficult to get rid of him until his contract runs out.

If I were Everton or any Premier League club I'd be pretty upset if my club invested unwarranted good money on him.

3 hours ago, SirBalon said:

His wages (as has been said) doesn't justify any investment on him no matter how easy Arsenal make it for him to move.  Unless Welbeck understands that he's been massively overpaid and that he has been lucky, then we're going to find it difficult to get rid of him until his contract runs out.

If I were Everton or any Premier League club I'd be pretty upset if my club invested unwarranted good money on him.

This has been the problem for Arsenal for years, awful players brought in on high wages, which just allows them to float around on the loan system until their contract ends, its quite frightening.   

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked

Archived