• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

National Animal of Every Country

football forum

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Markhour National Animal of Pakistan

Mar means snake in Persian and Khour means eater. According to folklore, the markhor has the ability to kill a snake. Thereafter, while chewing the cud, a foam-like substance comes out of its mouth which drops on the ground and dries. This foam-like substance is sought after by the local people, who believe it is useful in extracting the poison from snakebites.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTlTOtU8Aa9KFnESk-mcXr

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTzJrZgPDCUHJ2Ui-ylQWe

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRU-LcV7HUu24kP3Gqd-OF

National Bird of Pakistan Chakor.

These birds live in flocks and are very hygenic. Their choice of food is also very selective they don't just eat any thing you throw at them like pigeons.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRTixR8Z0va688KY6nC9yT

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRNXyTR01nbGrbm3ZFY8ov

45 minutes ago, Devon Von Devon said:

Markhour National Animal of Pakistan

Mar means snake in Persian and Khour means eater. According to folklore, the markhor has the ability to kill a snake. Thereafter, while chewing the cud, a foam-like substance comes out of its mouth which drops on the ground and dries. This foam-like substance is sought after by the local people, who believe it is useful in extracting the poison from snakebites.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTlTOtU8Aa9KFnESk-mcXr

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTzJrZgPDCUHJ2Ui-ylQWe

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRU-LcV7HUu24kP3Gqd-OF

National Bird of Pakistan Chakor.

These birds live in flocks and are very hygenic. Their choice of food is also very selective they don't just eat any thing you throw at them like pigeons.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRTixR8Z0va688KY6nC9yT

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRNXyTR01nbGrbm3ZFY8ov

Why do you use names in Persian?, aren't you guys like Indian-looking Arabs?

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

The native Spanish bull is a beast. There's nothing like it in the world and it isn't your typical bull... This animal looks for a fight, it wants to kill and it won't give up.

i wish some people on here were being chased by these bulls....

:ph34r: 

39 minutes ago, Stan said:

i wish some people on here were being chased by these bulls....

:ph34r: 

I know what you mean! xD

Since you brought up that bit about the bull chases many may have witnessed or heard about in Spain, particularly the most famous one in the festival of San Fermín in Pamplona where people from all over the world go (that one where men are dressed in white with the red sash), as you can see pictured below...

gale-san-fermin-SF-10.jpg

Those Bulls aren't the ones I pictured in my first post further up... They don't use that killer in the picture above because it would literally cause mayhem and death.  The ones they use as you can see in the picture vary from either Vaquillas (the babies of those bulls i.e. Calfs), Manso (a halfbreed related to those above) which is old and hasn't got that instinct although can do major harm or they use the old females.

That bull in my earlier picture, that breed only knows its owner.  It must be kept on its own and only in mating season (supervised) can it be taken to a field to mate with the female.  Anything other than the owner and it will go to kill!  Not to injure, not to try and scare the trespasser away, but to finish off whatever living creature it sees. It's a killing machine!

11 hours ago, Devon Von Devon said:

I could really use that guy who shows no mercy to ignorance.

Haha, i was kidding, i do know the difference between Arabs and Muslims but it does still seem odd you use Persian names for your animals, why is that, just for the proximity?, aren't most of you Sunni Muslims?

3 hours ago, Berserker said:

Haha, i was kidding, i do know the difference between Arabs and Muslims but it does still seem odd you use Persian names for your animals, why is that, just for the proximity?, aren't most of you Sunni Muslims?

We didn't name it its just its name.

Persia had a great impact on the sub continent through different dynasties although most Persians try to avoid to discuss their link with the sub continent because Pakis and Indians are quite odd to them( short heighted, not as good looking, food smells etc) but they love to brag that Croatians have Iranian roots :coffee:

9 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Why does it say England's is a Lion? Why would an animal that doesn't reside here be our national animal?

There are loads we could have. Badger, Otter, Osprey, Peregrine Falcon, Goshawk, Kingfisher, Stoat, Red Deer, Red Squirrel, Bittern...

Scotland picked a unicorn...

7 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

The Scottish Wildcat or Golden Eagle would make sense. The Scottish highlands are the home to various species, which used to be present throughout the UK, but are obviously only seen there. The Scottish Wildcat and Golden Eagle to name a few.

28 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Why does it say England's is a Lion? Why would an animal that doesn't reside here be our national animal?

There are loads we could have. Badger, Otter, Osprey, Peregrine Falcon, Goshawk, Kingfisher, Stoat, Red Deer, Red Squirrel, Bittern...

King of the jungle 

• 3 months later...
  • Subscriber
On 06/08/2018 at 19:19, The Rebel CRS said:

46452378_10156862386687855_3576893560617

On 06/08/2018 at 19:29, Dr. Gonzo said:

46328525_10156862394742855_6122303952907

Didn't know that so out of curiosity I asked the wife as she is a pure-blooded Scottish lady and she said "The Unicorn...why did you ask?", I just said "Just wondered" :whistling: lol.  

Archived