talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Season Ticket Holder Question

football forum

So, I have had ST for Atlanta United for 2 years now (founding member), and they are currently in the General Admission section, behind the goal, with the supporter section. 

Just got them renewed for next year, but thinking of moving sections as I'm fucking tired of the flags. I can't watch the game on the pitch, and typically spend 75% of the time watching the Halo Board (google if you haven't seen this year), as I can't really see anything on the field unless doing so. 

For all the ST holders out there, where do you sit? If you are in the supporter group stand, does the flags and signs ever get old? 

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I go I stand in the Ealing Road terrace, which is behind the goal. Sitting is nice but I'm 27 not 77 and I don't have any kids to put up with. Plus the bulk of the atmosphere generally comes from behind the goal wherever you are I think.

No flags though, not much of that in England unless you're at Palace or some other cheap continental European ultra style fanbase.

• Administrator

I'm in the West Stand of the King Power but just on the corner between that stand and our Kop. 

Kind of directly opposite the away fans. Sat there since first game the stadium ever held and never thought of changing. I don't like sitting directly behind the goal. Would prefer a wider view, so to speak, from where I sit. 

12 hours ago, Stan said:

I'm in the West Stand of the King Power but just on the corner between that stand and our Kop. 

Kind of directly opposite the away fans. Sat there since first game the stadium ever held and never thought of changing. I don't like sitting directly behind the goal. Would prefer a wider view, so to speak, from where I sit. 

I always like the corner. Best view in my opining 

When I used to go to Ajax few years back, I used to sit in the lively sections, I was lucky as my friend was in the VAK 410 section which is one of the best places to be.  At Arsenal when I Use my ticket its Block A at the halfway line by the tunnel a few rows from the dug out.

• Subscriber

I'm at the back of SK1, which is the stand behind the goal but in the corner. If you know our ground... the West Stand is where the dugouts are, the away end is the north east corner, well I'm at the back of the south east corner.

I'm in a supporters group called Union FS which formed a little under 5 years ago with an intention of improving the atmosphere at the ground. I'd say that a combination in a slight growth in the group, the on-pitch success and the fact the original noisy block (L1 by the away fans) has gone downhill a bit makes our block arguably the best in the ground for atmosphere, though Stan can be the judge of that as he's in a pretty neutral bit and can probably hear both blocks.

The group does have a bit of a German influence about it which in my eyes has both positives and negatives, many of the core members are massive fans of German football and have taken influence from the culture over there to try and help bring the atmosphere here which has definitely helped, although I do think that's not gone down too well with a few people as well as frankly the two cultures are different. It's not an ultras group although there are similarities. People within the group have a friendship with fans from VfL Bochum in Germany and there have been plenty of trips from both sets of fans to each others ground. I'm yet to go over but intend to this season.

I joined it as I thought the atmosphere at our place was shite and wanted to be a part of turning that around. The problem is it's hard to tell quite how successful the group itself has been as the debut really came at the start of the 2014/15 season which was our first year back up in the Premier League, as well as what's followed after then, so it's hard to know what you can attribute to the group though I'd definitely say we've helped.

My biggest gripe is quite simply the timing was terrible. The likes of Crystal Palace, Huddersfield and Middlesbrough formed similar groups which had time to grow as they were playing in grounds that weren't full and had no proper atmosphere section in place as things stood. Ours started with the ground being packed out and with a known atmosphere section in the ground in L1, so there was hardly any room for the group to really grow. People have joined in the last 5 years but not as many as a few of us would've hoped and to be honest, it's hit the point for a lot of them where I just don't think they're that bothered anymore. Time and time again the club have knocked us back and messed us around, and I think a lot have had enough of it.

The planned ground expansion could change everything and it could give the group a proper chance to get people involved but I wouldn't bank on much happening as frankly I don't think the club are arsed. As it stands there's block of probably about 100 of us at the back, the whole of the Kop to our left (which sings about three times a game) and the odd one around that joins in. The atmosphere at Leicester isn't good these days. The whole experience feels hungover. It's a little understandable but this wouldn't have happened if UFS had ever been able to properly grow.

Oh, and I don't use a clapper. I cannot stand them for a number of reasons xD

3 hours ago, Dan said:

I'm at the back of SK1, which is the stand behind the goal but in the corner. If you know our ground... the West Stand is where the dugouts are, the away end is the north east corner, well I'm at the back of the south east corner.

I'm in a supporters group called Union FS which formed a little under 5 years ago with an intention of improving the atmosphere at the ground. I'd say that a combination in a slight growth in the group, the on-pitch success and the fact the original noisy block (L1 by the away fans) has gone downhill a bit makes our block arguably the best in the ground for atmosphere, though Stan can be the judge of that as he's in a pretty neutral bit and can probably hear both blocks.

The group does have a bit of a German influence about it which in my eyes has both positives and negatives, many of the core members are massive fans of German football and have taken influence from the culture over there to try and help bring the atmosphere here which has definitely helped, although I do think that's not gone down too well with a few people as well as frankly the two cultures are different. It's not an ultras group although there are similarities. People within the group have a friendship with fans from VfL Bochum in Germany and there have been plenty of trips from both sets of fans to each others ground. I'm yet to go over but intend to this season.

I joined it as I thought the atmosphere at our place was shite and wanted to be a part of turning that around. The problem is it's hard to tell quite how successful the group itself has been as the debut really came at the start of the 2014/15 season which was our first year back up in the Premier League, as well as what's followed after then, so it's hard to know what you can attribute to the group though I'd definitely say we've helped.

My biggest gripe is quite simply the timing was terrible. The likes of Crystal Palace, Huddersfield and Middlesbrough formed similar groups which had time to grow as they were playing in grounds that weren't full and had no proper atmosphere section in place as things stood. Ours started with the ground being packed out and with a known atmosphere section in the ground in L1, so there was hardly any room for the group to really grow. People have joined in the last 5 years but not as many as a few of us would've hoped and to be honest, it's hit the point for a lot of them where I just don't think they're that bothered anymore. Time and time again the club have knocked us back and messed us around, and I think a lot have had enough of it.

The planned ground expansion could change everything and it could give the group a proper chance to get people involved but I wouldn't bank on much happening as frankly I don't think the club are arsed. As it stands there's block of probably about 100 of us at the back, the whole of the Kop to our left (which sings about three times a game) and the odd one around that joins in. The atmosphere at Leicester isn't good these days. The whole experience feels hungover. It's a little understandable but this wouldn't have happened if UFS had ever been able to properly grow.

Oh, and I don't use a clapper. I cannot stand them for a number of reasons xD

My problem with Tifo is that it just looks cheap and shit. As if people have gone into a primary school for the day and got pritt sticks and multicoloured paper out. And even when it looks professional it still looks shit. And those flags you see now (Palace have em, Watford too) just random chequered flags of the clubs colours that every other person in that one block waves. Just looks shit.

Active supporters groups in England are needed because of how middle aged the average home crowd has become, but trying to suddenly pretend to be German or Italian is just naff. Nothing wrong with repetitive songs, they get crowds going but give the continental stuff a rest because culturally it doesn't mix with English supporters.

I met a Palace fan in Sydney who hated the Holmesdale Fanatics for pretty much the above reasons. I'm sure most club with a heavy "ultra style" presence has a lot of dislike for them from their own fanbase.

If you can get decent numbers for a supporters group then great, go to the pub, get pissed, make songs how we always have and see what sticks. Just give the banging a drum, flag waving and singing "woaaah wooaah wooah wooah" every other word a rest.

• Subscriber
17 hours ago, Danny said:

My problem with Tifo is that it just looks cheap and shit. As if people have gone into a primary school for the day and got pritt sticks and multicoloured paper out. And even when it looks professional it still looks shit. And those flags you see now (Palace have em, Watford too) just random chequered flags of the clubs colours that every other person in that one block waves. Just looks shit.

Active supporters groups in England are needed because of how middle aged the average home crowd has become, but trying to suddenly pretend to be German or Italian is just naff. Nothing wrong with repetitive songs, they get crowds going but give the continental stuff a rest because culturally it doesn't mix with English supporters.

I met a Palace fan in Sydney who hated the Holmesdale Fanatics for pretty much the above reasons. I'm sure most club with a heavy "ultra style" presence has a lot of dislike for them from their own fanbase.

If you can get decent numbers for a supporters group then great, go to the pub, get pissed, make songs how we always have and see what sticks. Just give the banging a drum, flag waving and singing "woaaah wooaah wooah wooah" every other word a rest.

A lot of those are provided by the clubs themselves. We've had instances where we've planned to do a tifo display only for the club to try and merge it with their own and it's ended up looking pretty farcical.

I do actually agree with you a lot about the types of songs sung and have come around to that thinking a lot more than I did before, although I wouldn't say our block just belts out solely German types of songs. There's a genuinely decent mix where I go. It's as good a songbook as Palace have for sure, the problem is that the clappers have caused people around to just clap along rather than learn the words.

Definitely agree with you regarding organisation. The lack of fan group organisation in this country is a large part of why the clubs collectively take the piss out of us.

The tifo displays however I think you're being a little harsh. Generic club ones are normally always rubbish (and the very fact they're done by the club and not fans is a big part of that) but do you not think any of these are good?

image.thumb.png.8a530fc101b41bf2c3aae1d04d2c4ff8.png

image.png.7c47d057b668d16337ae12150ddfc60f.png

image.thumb.png.968c14eddd4ebb0cf46fd6b6d23796b3.png

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Danny said:

Why's a geezer walking a dog? xD @Dan

And the graffiti, looks shit. Graffin on a banner to put in a stadium just looks dopey to me.

The only decent one there was the Champions one, minute the banner at the bottom.

It's meant to be Shakespeare, it's based on a picture from Grand Theft Auto and the dog relates to the quote on the flag, which is something out of a Shakespeare play.

It's not for everyone.

Archived