• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Rachid Ghezzal - Leicester Sign Winger From Monaco

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
Just now, The Palace Fan said:

Never heard of him, what have the reviews been like you've both heard @Stan @Dan? He's got some pretty big boots to fill. 

not so promising. an underwhelming signing by the sounds of it should it go through.

Big boots to fill and I can't think of anyone that could fill them. Like Moyes going in to Fergie's boots at Old Trafford. 

If he does come we need to be patient like we were with Mahrez when he first arrived. 

• The title was changed to Rachid Ghezzal - Leicester Sign Winger From Monaco
1 hour ago, Stan said:

If he does come we need to be patient like we were with Mahrez when he first arrived. 

Let's be fair, history suggests he's not going to get that.

You wrote off your signings in less than a year after winning the title, Ranieri didn't last a year, Shakespeare wasn't given long, and Puel is already starting the season under pressure.

You've even just quoted a load of members telling them they may be eating humble pie for their predictions after one game!

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

You wrote off your signings in less than a year after winning the title, Ranieri didn't last a year, Shakespeare wasn't given long, and Puel is already starting the season under pressure.

You've even just quoted a load of members telling them they may be eating humble pie for their predictions after one game!

it was more a dig towards our own fans anyway xD. There's a lot of fans on our site that aren't too enamoured with the signing before he's even kicked a ball for us. That's what I meant as opposed to seeing them for a year and them still not performing as expected or hoped for :/ 

That last bit about humble pie in the Championship thread was quite obviously light hearted! I even quoted myself xD 

22 minutes ago, Stan said:

it was more a dig towards our own fans anyway xD. There's a lot of fans on our site that aren't too enamoured with the signing before he's even kicked a ball for us. That's what I meant as opposed to seeing them for a year and them still not performing as expected or hoped for :/ 

That last bit about humble pie in the Championship thread was quite obviously light hearted! I even quoted myself xD 

Face it Stan, you're a piece of shit mate. 

• Subscriber
43 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I agree with this unfortunately. The days of being given time by our fans are gone after winning the league. A taste of success is good but the want to have more of it can make your demands shoot up beyond reality. I think our fans need to accept that while we've got to be ambitious, we blew it after winning the league and our chance to cement ourselves anywhere near the top passed us by. While obviously we didn't have the appeal of the top clubs we were in a fantastic position and we completely wasted it.

As for Ghezzal.... well, I don't know. Part of me thinks it could be a clever signing, that he's got a bit of creativity about him and that's something we're totally lacking, but the reviews from Monaco fans are a real cause for concern. My hope is that a different environment, a fresh start at a club where he's quite likely to be starting games will bring out more in him than Monaco managed to. You can see in videos that he's got some ability about him so I'm prepared to see what he's about.

Bad feeling that this'll be another where the Puel link would come in handy for him, only for that link to go once he gets the inevitable boot xD

Archived