talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Jasper Cillessen signs for Valencia CF for €35m

Jasper Cillessen admits he is unsure about his future at Barcelona.

It has been reported that the Dutch 'lkeeper, who has played second fiddle to Marc-Andre ter Stegen over the past two seasons, wants to leave the Nou Camp in search of regular first-team football.

When asked about his future after Barca's 1-0 defeat against Milan, the former Ajax man revealed that he is in the dark. 
“I don’t know, I don’t know how my future is,” he is quoted as saying in AS.

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked
  • 7 months later...
  • Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looks like the Benfica deal is done. He’s a bloody brilliant keeper and to be honest I don’t know why Arsenal haven’t gone in there to sign him. Plus he has a great character and they’re gonna miss him at Barcelona.

13 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

It looks like the Benfica deal is done. He’s a bloody brilliant keeper and to be honest I don’t know why Arsenal haven’t gone in there to sign him. Plus he has a great character and they’re gonna miss him at Barcelona.

Yes very true, He is better than Leno at Arsenal and we could of got him for the same money.   Cillessen just needs first team football now, he is too good to be 2nd choice.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, José said:

I may sound like a broken record

Yep. You really don't have to mention it every time a Barca player is sold.

25 minutes ago, José said:

Man utd dont need him. Sergio Romero, who was left out of the argie NT unfairly, is a better option for the team. 

But surely he's wasting his career there since he plays even less than Cilessen? What a waste of a career to be sat on a bench for 5 years wasting away doing fuck all.

Why don't they use a young manc lad instead? Think of the mental impact it must have on local manc players.....

59 minutes ago, Stan said:

Yep. You really don't have to mention it every time a Barca player is sold.

What I don't get is how these players are "ruined" if they are sold on pretty much after a season or 2 where they then go on to become top players elsewhere.

Ruined is what Man United do when they buy first team regular players from other clubs, stick them on the bench and they are still at the club 5, sometimes even 8, years later. There is no club that are anywhere near as bad as them in this regard and that's why it sounds so laughable coming from a United fan of all people.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

No? 

What makes you think a keeper that hardly plays would walk into a team that has a keeper that has just had an outstanding debut season?

He meant @Cannabis was fishing

Hang on, hang on.

1 hour ago, José said:

Man utd dont need him. Sergio Romero, who was left out of the argie NT unfairly, is a better option for the team. 

He's barely fucking played and you think that merits an international callup?

3 hours ago, The Rebel CRS said:

What I don't get is how these players are "ruined" if they are sold on pretty much after a season or 2 where they then go on to become top players elsewhere.

Ruined is what Man United do when they buy first team regular players from other clubs, stick them on the bench and they are still at the club 5, sometimes even 8, years later. There is no club that are anywhere near as bad as them in this regard and that's why it sounds so laughable coming from a United fan of all people.

Let's talk abour their coach, Ole Gunnar Solskær... He is a United legend having played most of that career (practically all of his footballing career) as a bench boy.

• Administrator
15 hours ago, José said:

15 hours ago, Cicero said:

Yeah if Cilleseen wasted his career, the fuck was Romero doing? xD

@José you okay after taking this L?

• 4 weeks later...

It looks like he will be off to Valencia if Marca is to be believed.

It's a shame, as he's class and if Ter Stegen didn't exist, he'd make a spot on number 1 for the club himself. But he needs to leave if he wants to play regular football and regular football is what he deserves. It'll be a class signing for Valencia. They look to be on the up again at the moment, so it's also a wise move on his behalf.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Panna King said:

Signed for Valencia for 35 million on a 5 year deal.

Very good move for Jasper to be honest. He's moved 3 hours drive down the road and doesn't have to uproot his family as they're very happy in Spain. He had various offers from the Premier League and Serie 'A'. I have a feeling about Valencia for next season although then again I thought that last summer.

Cillessen can be one of the world's best keepers at Valencia in my opinion. Barcelona were lucky as fuck to have both himself and Ter Stegen, although the lad is far too good to only be playing in cup games and needs to be playing every week, which is what he will get at Los Che. He will also be playing Champions league football and playing for a club who seem to be on the up again, while not having to move far from where he currently resides.

As for Valencia, these are the type of signings they need to make if they wish to move forward and progress on what they achieved last season.

Archived