• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Football Manager 2019

football forum

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

We should genuinely run a competition for who can have the best career and take it to a vote. 

However we should also give people the option to start a new career on previous versions because I'm sure I won't be the only one likely to give this version a swerve.

32 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

We should genuinely run a competition for who can have the best career and take it to a vote. 

However we should also give people the option to start a new career on previous versions because I'm sure I won't be the only one likely to give this version a swerve.

I don't think it will work to be honest as on average people tend to change careers about 3/4 times per year. It's only me and Stan that go for one save per game.

• Subscriber
23 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I don't think it will work to be honest as on average people tend to change careers about 3/4 times per year. It's only me and Stan that go for one save per game.

Yeah some people will stick with a long term save though for long enough for it to be worthwhile.

Especially with the incentive of winning a competition on TF365.

• 3 weeks later...
On 06/08/2018 at 13:47, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Holding out for a Switch version mainly, though there has been a retirement.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-08-06-14-years-later-football-managers-manager-man-has-retired

And the Switch version has been confirmed. Same version as 2018 (Touch) but will be out towards the end of November.

• 1 month later...

I'm undecided on what to do still.

Got my sights set on starting at either Sporting Lisbon or Sunderland. With Lisbon i'd ideally like to travel amongst Europe on my save but that would be difficult on the Touch version if you cannot add/remove leagues and have a maximum of three countries.

I would consider Fifa Career Mode instead if they sorted out there bollocks transfer system as after three years of barely playing it i'd do very well to be very good on world class like I was at Uni. From what I gather, last year they jumped from having sides signing one player every four years to transfers that were completely unrealistic and happening far too frequent.

I’ve never really got on board with hating or disliking a particular version of FM. I find them largely very similar so don’t really think there’s much to dislike about them. 

Will get FM19, I’ve had FM every year since the FM title come into play and I’m looking forward to the new one, as I am at this stage every year. 

Sadly, I’ve not found the time to play FM as much over the past year, often opting for shorter term saves, like starting unemployed and picking a club up in December-January time with the aim of survival. 

I am going to say this now and I’m going to attempt to stick with it, maybe after a week or so of looking at the game but I’m going to try and have one save for as long as possible and I’m going to attempt to throw myself into the finer details of the game. I’m not sure where I’ll start, probably somewhere at the bottom end of the game in England, but I’m going to take my time with the save and dedicate my time to some aspects of the game I usually don’t pay much notice too like training, the more detailed finances etc. 

• 2 weeks later...

Was totally uninterested in getting 18, but the new tactical interface looks brilliant. If it works, it would be a fix to so many of the things that have bugged me over the years, like not being able to create a compact defensive shape without going into "contain" mentality. 

FINALLY SI! You have a choice if you want to just overlap on one side. I can't tell you how frustrating it was to use the instruction "look for overlap" but having 1 full back on defend, hence leaving one flank totally worthless.

ed52da4d2aee3c9e83b681ad451ba07d.png

Played about 4 games so far and the match engine seems OK. Going to have to experiment into it a bit more, but the biggest issue I'm seeing is a lot of corner goals, and it's not even that rampant. Thankfully the balls over the top issue seems fixed and crosses aren't OP.

• The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived