talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Football Manager 2019

football forum

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Blue said:

How are you finding this FM mate?

I like it a lot but still personally think it's in a transitional moment. Got a lot of it right but the ME could be better still, although definitely a step up from 16, 17 and 18.

Found it really tough to begin with - really struggled, got sacked by Spurs, then took over at Bristol City, barely kept them up, then suddenly it all clicked in the second season when I got to grips with how the tactics/training and squad harmony was working. Doing pretty well in year 3, but this is my first game so can't say too much more 

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As much as I like this version, one thing that's really annoying me is the inconsistencies with goals. 

I get a ton of free kick highlights and don't score any. They get them and almost always bag from it. I also get a lot of 30 yarders scored against me and it's annoying as hell.

It's a good game, but the ME still has a long way to go.

• Subscriber
On 18/12/2018 at 20:43, Cannabis said:

Claude Puel sacked on the 17th January 2019, David Moyes the favourite to replace xD

That's a day after a potential replay at home to Newport in real life.........

So I just had a save with Newport County. Fought promotion all season, in March I lost every game until the end of the season. Still met expectations and got sacked anyways. It's a flippin comedy show now :rofl:

Last version i had was 2015 as i don't think there were enough changes to warrant buying newer ones, maybe could have got 2018 but laptop wasn't up to scratch so got new laptop end of last year and bought this one with the new features.

I agree with above that keeping squad happy and try not to tear into them when lose however tempting, my current save is with Barnsley, i'm 17 games in and sitting 2nd in table (only lost one game so far), got to league cup 4th round knocked out by Millwall, through to fa cup 2nd round and won group in checkatrade trophy so not bad so far.

Training is great when you settle into it and new way to set up tactics and actually feels like changes you make actually happen.

So far so good !

I took the Bury job on FM19 last night. I started unemployed and it’s 20th November and I’ve just signed a year and a half contract with The Shakers. Bury, Oldham, Lincoln and MK Dons all had vacancies but Bury were the first to interview me and I’ve subsequently taken their offer.

I’ve not looked into anything at the club, I shut my laptop as soon as the deal was signed, but I do know that the club’s finances are rated as “Insecure”. A baptism of fire awaits me. I have found a website though that lists Bury’s players’ wages and if these figures are to be believed, it’s little wonder that the club’s finances are perilous. I’ll be honest, the finances being poor was actually a big factor in why I went for the job, it’s another challenge on top of trying to win games.

It’s going to be a slow burner of a save this, I don’t get to play as much as I’d like with work and soon, studying, but I’m hoping to squeeze in time for this when I can. 

This Bury team is in an absolute state. A classic case of a team getting relegated and not cutting the wage bill adequately. 

I walk into Gigg Lane to find Bury 19th in League Two, two points above the bottom two. That’s not a problem, I’m not phased by relegation, we’ll have too much about us for that. 

Looking at the finances, the club is a mess. We’re £7,120 a week over our wage budget. Frankly, it’s embarrassing that the club have been led this badly previously. We’ve vastly overspending on wages and I have to bring it down significantly to help the club’s finances going forward. 

I’ve got an ageing squad that are being paid far too much. I’ve got fourteen players on £1.5k a week or more, with Jermaine Beckford (34) on £4K p/w, Stephen Dawson (32) on £3.5K p/w, Phil Edwards (33) on £3K p/w, Jay O’Shea (30) on £2K p/w, Neil Danns (35) on £2K p/w and Joe Murphy (37) on £2K p/w. 

Two targets for the season, a mid-table finish and reducing the wage budget. 

• 1 month later...
36 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

@Tommy supporting both teams in that cup final then :ph34r:

Seriously though, top job mate.

Please, stop saying that ffs. 

Won it 2:1 :D Never expected to come that far, let alone win it. Finished 11th in the league, and now Europa League because I won the Cup :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

So I'm playing the iPad version, not FM touch, as Villarreal. I'm doing ok but I've noticed this really odd bug in the game. In the last 5 games my first goalscorer is injured at some point after. Without fail. Almost always to the same injury, 3 week thigh strain. Anyone else experiencing this oddity - if they play the handheld version that is?

• Administrator
37 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

The touch version is great. It's like a streamlined version of FM17. All the good features and an impressive array of detail.

The reviews are a bit hit and miss compared to the mobile version, which plays really well. What’s the selling point for touch? 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived