The better place to talk football.

Football Manager 2019

football forum

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
1 minute ago, The Palace Fan said:

Touch is a lot more detailed than the mobile version. It's not as quick but it's not slow. On a scale I would say it's about 85% similar to the full version.

Sounds worth a punt 

21 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Someone prod me for tomorrow. I might buy FM19 Touch on Switch as it's a tenner off until the 13th (sounds great but considering it's normally £30, it's not quite as good. However, having FM, Mario Kart and Smash Bros next to each other is basically heaven).

Purchased it on Switch and it was a fair bit cheaper than I expected. Was actually on offer for £18 instead of the £20 I thought it was and with the gold points I've collected (you get a certain amount of gold points depending on how much you spent), that knocked off an extra £4.20. So £13.80 in the end. 

Happy with that. Watch me hardly play it now. xD

Just now, Cannabis said:

I'm proper tempted but know how late to the party I am, think it would be a class little game to have. Spent hundreds of hours on Mario Kart 64 back in the day and thought that MK was one of the only "great" games for the original Wii.

Doesn't matter. It's a great game regardless of it being nearly 5 years old. The deluxe version on Switch is pretty much definitive as you also have the DLC tracks that were available from the Wii U version and a proper battle mode in this version. 

To show how sad I am, I have both the Wii U (DLC as well) and the Switch versions of Mario Kart 8, which I would never normally do. 

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Is Mario Kart 8 worth buying @Bluebird Hewitt? Fancy it but don't want to pick it up in case they announce 9 xD

Oh don't worry even if they announce a new one its a superb and you'll have many fun hours with it. The tracks are good and even if you get tired of them after countless hours of screaming and 'almost' coming first they'll keep you engaged a long time. Definitely a must-have if you have a Switch.

My player was moaning about me rejecting offers for him, I asked him what it would take for him to stay, he said a new and improved contract. I asked how much he wanted, I accepted, offered it to him...then he rejected it. And is if that wasn't bad enough, he's now livid that I broke my promise about his new contract...saying our agreed upon wage was unacceptable.

• Administrator
19 hours ago, ...Dan said:

My player was moaning about me rejecting offers for him, I asked him what it would take for him to stay, he said a new and improved contract. I asked how much he wanted, I accepted, offered it to him...then he rejected it. And is if that wasn't bad enough, he's now livid that I broke my promise about his new contract...saying our agreed upon wage was unacceptable.

Yeah I don't get that 'broken promise' part of any FM game.

The promise is to offer a new contract, not get hard-balled in to paying more than what was originally asked for. 

7 hours ago, Stan said:

Yeah I don't get that 'broken promise' part of any FM game.

The promise is to offer a new contract, not get hard-balled in to paying more than what was originally asked for. 

It also seems to be a lot harder to loan out youth players on this game. They all say I broke my promise to not loan them out, I say there was no interest, and they call me a liar xD

• Subscriber

FM's been shite for a while for silly stuff like that happening. Only 17 but I've had one where I've signed a Ghanaian winger for Bradford but couldn't get him a work permit (and was going to loan him out while trying), spent over a year trying to get him one but kept failing so I decided to offer him to Le Havre (who were interested) for £600k and he kicks off. Why is it not factoring in the fact I can't get him a work permit? I didn't want to sell him really because he'd have walked into my side.

Worth it overall though. £600k made for absolutely nothing really.

Just finished 1st season with Villa, ended up 2nd whilst being one point off top. Lucky to go up in the end, we was third and needed either Leeds or Swansea to slip up on the final day. Luckily for me Blackburn did us a favour and we pipped Swansea with Leeds winning the league.

I do think it'll be difficult to stay up, Tammy Abraham was massive banging in 27 goals and finishing top scorer. Not sure he will be available next season for loan and I reckon Chelsea would want crazy money. Positively though we have £40m to spend and I have already activated El Ghazi's permanent loan option of £4.5m. Only concern is we have a lot of promotion clauses from previous transfers. It must be around £8m with Kodjia being the worst at £4m going Bristol City's way.

Starting to get a hold on the terrible wage structure as well. Whelan, Jedinak, Adomah etc. I managed to sell during the season and I'm getting out of Micah Richards, Hutton's and De Laet's terrible deals. Still got a year on McCormack unfortunately and I'm proper stuck with Scott Hogan's big contract. Will be a big and difficult summer I feel.

• Subscriber

Clubs like Villa are embarrassing. I can't believe a club of that size can be so consistently incompetent. Regarding the wage structure of course.

I went on FM yesterday, giving it another chance. I went on my Shmona save and was 3-0 up at half time. Then the game reminds me why I don't play it anymore, and I concede 6 to lose 6-3.

I may actually boot up an FM 13 U20 save though, that might be worth my time. I enjoyed the last U20 save I did with Peru, so it's time to give it another go I reckon.

• Subscriber

I quite fancy doing a save at a smaller Portuguese club for some reason. Torn on Pacos de Ferreira or Portimonense. Would do one in Lagos if they had a team but I'm not sure there is one.

• Subscriber

Oh there is one. CF Esperanca de Lagos and they play in the third tier. My database isn't stretching that far sadly. Was only going for that as I've been there and it's a lovely little place.

On 01/04/2019 at 20:33, Dan said:

Clubs like Villa are embarrassing. I can't believe a club of that size can be so consistently incompetent. Regarding the wage structure of course.

It got worse mate, the majority of my team had promotion wage boosts. Literally any one they brought in the last few years had them. Hogan's contract has just become even more unsellable and McCormack is now in 48k p/w...

Not sure how accurate these clauses and wages are, but whoever has been running Villa needs shooting.

Oh great, it's time for the winter Qatar world cup meaning when club football continues at the end of December we'll be playing two games a week for two straight months. I'm looking forward to losing half my players to injury.

• Subscriber
22 hours ago, Chaaay AFC said:

It got worse mate, the majority of my team had promotion wage boosts. Literally any one they brought in the last few years had them. Hogan's contract has just become even more unsellable and McCormack is now in 48k p/w...

Not sure how accurate these clauses and wages are, but whoever has been running Villa needs shooting.

I wouldn't be one bit surprised if they were accurate. These clubs take ridiculous gambles to try and go up and a lot of them are paying for it now. If Aston Villa don't go up this year in real life you would imagine they're in trouble but I've said this every year for about 3 and they always seem to keep up the spending.

The likes of Derby, Sheffield Wednesday and Forest have all been at it as well. Spending more than they probably ought to.

As a side note, I've started my new save - Rio Ave.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived