• Last Reply
  • Administrator

Benfica or Fenerbahce vs PAOK or Spartak Moscow
Standard Leige or Ajax vs Slavia Prague or Dynamo Kiev
Red Star or Spartak Trnava vs RB Salzburg or Shkendija
Qarabag or BATE vs PSV
Young Boys vs Astana or Dinamo  Zagreb
Malmo or Vidi vs Celtic or AEK

Liverpool fans might be interested to see how Benfica do - @LFCMadLad @LFCMike @Dr. Gonzo @Rick @Harry @Mel81x @IgnisExcubitor @YNWA @UNORTHODOX

If the Portuguese side are knocked out by either Fenerbahce or their play-off opponents, then the Reds move into Pot 2. Should Benfica qualify then it’ll be Pot 3 and a tougher draw for Liverpool

• The title was changed to 2018/19 Champions League - Playoff Round Draw
15 hours ago, Mel81x said:

I am curious what @Machado thinks about Benfica's chances of progressing here? 

We're playing pretty shitty football at the moment. Even if we were to progress, I'm sure we'd have another embarrassing campaign in the actual competition.

We seem to have good history against Turkish sides but with this manager, we tend to cowardly sit back in these games so I think a 0-0 or 1-0 in the first leg is likely.

On 06/08/2018 at 07:32, LFCMike said:

To be honest, I'm not sure what Liverpool would have to fear against any of the teams in pot 2. While it would be nice to be in pot 2, I think we'd be second favourites to progress anyway.

Also locomotive Moscow in pot 1 aren't the greatest European giants.  Whoever gets drawn into their group from pots 2&3 will have a good chance to advance 

On 07/08/2018 at 03:18, Machado said:

We're playing pretty shitty football at the moment. Even if we were to progress, I'm sure we'd have another embarrassing campaign in the actual competition.

We seem to have good history against Turkish sides but with this manager, we tend to cowardly sit back in these games so I think a 0-0 or 1-0 in the first leg is likely.

Unfortunately I called it. Just hoping the one goal lead is enough.

Archived