talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Gary Bowyer Leaves Blackpool After One Game

football forum

• Administrator

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45090865

Blackpool manager Gary Bowyer has left the League One club after just one game of the 2018-19 campaign.

The 47-year-old becomes the first manager in England's top four divisions to depart this season.

Bowyer led the Seasiders to promotion from League Two in 2016-17 and achieved a top-half finish on their return to the third tier last season.

"It has been a pleasure to manage Blackpool Football Club over the past two years," Bowyer said.

His assistant Terry McPhillips has taken over as caretaker manager.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Says that the club have alluded to “family reasons” for his departure. I wouldn’t trust anything that come out of Blackpool as a club as factual but I do hope his family’s health is okay. 

He’s done magnificently at Blackpool given it’s an utter basket case of a club and they have no home fans. 

He is better off out of it, I just hope he gets the chance to manage a club not in turmoil behind the scenes (Venkys and Oyston). He is a very good manager at football league level and you could not meet a nicer guy. He did a fantastic job at Blackpool given the circumstances.

Archived