talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

New season preview: How will your club fare?

• Subscriber

Just saw people posting this on Twitter, thought it's quite fun. Just a few season predictions for your club (all divisions welcome...). Here's the template:

My club:
Final league position:
Player of the season:
Best goalscorer:
Most appearances:
Best new signing:
Biggest surprise: 
Manager change (yes/no): 

Feel free to also post the complete final standings of the league, if you can be bothered xD 

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, nudge said:

My club:  FC Saarbrücken
Final league position: Top 4 position
Player of the season: Manuel Zeitz
Best goalscorer: Vunguidica
Most appearances: Daniel Batz
Best new signing: Gillian Jurcher
Biggest surprise: still managing to find a way not to be promoted, although the champions are guaranteed promotion
Manager change (yes/no): hope not

• Subscriber

My club: Werder Bremen
Final league position: 7-10
Player of the season: Maxi Eggestein
Best goalscorer: Max Kruse
Most appearances: Jiri Pavlenka
Best new signing: Davy Klaassen
Biggest surprise: Jojo Eggestein
Manager change (yes/no): No! 

My club: Fortuna Düsseldorf
Final league position: 13th - 15th
Player of the season: Marvin Ducksch
Best goalscorer: Marvin Ducksch
Most appearances: Marcel Sobottka
Best new signing: Marvin Ducksch
Biggest surprise: Dodi Lukebakio
Manager change (yes/no): No

My club: Schalke04
Final league position: 13th - 15th
Player of the season: Naldo
Best goalscorer: don't have anyone capable of scoring at the moment
Most appearances: Burgstaller
Best new signing: whoever will be the new coach
Biggest surprise: sticking with the present coach
Manager change (yes/no): Bitte mein Gott!  Lowe would be am improvement

:thumbdown:

My club: Den HSV
Final league position: 2nd
Player of the season: Julian Pollersbeck
Best goalscorer: Khaled Narey
Most appearances: (field player) Narey
Best new signing: Narey lol, duh
Biggest surprise: Santos’ value will decrease
Manager change (yes/no): please God no, please? Please let us have him for a season or two, to see what he can develop?

• Subscriber
19 minutes ago, Chadwell said:

My club: Den HSV
Final league position: 2nd
Player of the season: Julian Pollersbeck
Best goalscorer: Khaled Narey
Most appearances: (field player) Narey
Best new signing: Narey lol, duh
Biggest surprise: Santos’ value will decrease
Manager change (yes/no): please God no, please? Please let us have him for a season or two, to see what he can develop?

I've only seen HSV v Kiel so far (i.e. no pre-season matches), but Narey looked soooo wasteful... 

• Subscriber

My club: Bayern Munich
Final league position: 1
Player of the season: James Rodriguez
Best goalscorer: Lewandowski
Most appearances: Joshua Kimmich
Best new signing: Leon Goretzka
Biggest surprise: Renato Sanches (I hope)
Manager change (yes/no): No

12 hours ago, nudge said:

I've only seen HSV v Kiel so far (i.e. no pre-season matches), but Narey looked soooo wasteful... 

Yeah his finishing was awful in that one, and tbh I thought he was a disaster as a lone striker. Was stunned to see folks on transfermarkt praising his performance. 

However, to me there looked to be a lot of nerves in that game. In most of preseason, I really liked what I saw from him. I think once he and the team settle out a bit and gel into their new environment, he’ll be a vital player for the season.

Not a fan of Uth?

His record as a 'striker' with Hoffenheim was average and costing 3million and now free says it all.  Today we are talking to Tottenham about a sort of 'has-been' England International - another ex-defender. (Rose)  When will the brain-dead coach realise that his future is going to be determined by positive action up front or is Di Santo still god's gift to the Nordkurve?  Continually signing old men and keeping the kids playing on the old pitch across the road is not any sort of a future.  He will be on his knees when the CL draw is made - at this rate he will be lucky to score even 1 in that tournament and after a poor World Cup, switching the young Austrian from right side to left side to right side to anywhere is typical of his thinking.  And no, not a fan of Uth thanks for asking nudge. We could hardy beat a poor French second-rate side last week. Cannot really comment on the overall performance for the first time in years I did not watch an 04 game!  I watched Chelea and City instead. 

5 hours ago, SchalkeUK said:

Not a fan of Uth?

His record as a 'striker' with Hoffenheim was average and costing 3million and now free says it all.  Today we are talking to Tottenham about a sort of 'has-been' England International - another ex-defender. (Rose)  When will the brain-dead coach realise that his future is going to be determined by positive action up front or is Di Santo still god's gift to the Nordkurve?  Continually signing old men and keeping the kids playing on the old pitch across the road is not any sort of a future.  He will be on his knees when the CL draw is made - at this rate he will be lucky to score even 1 in that tournament and after a poor World Cup, switching the young Austrian from right side to left side to right side to anywhere is typical of his thinking.  And no, not a fan of Uth thanks for asking nudge. We could hardy beat a poor French second-rate side last week. Cannot really comment on the overall performance for the first time in years I did not watch an 04 game!  I watched Chelea and City instead. 

I’m really sorry that you’re currently unhappy with your club and its direction, but your rants are just nothing short of absolutely delightful - they are just so beautifully written, eloquent, and intelligent 😂 I really did miss them lol.

I hope things start to turn for you however, as I do have a soft spot for S04. I want the young guy in charge to do well, just as I do with Nagelsmann. To the on and up!

Hi Chadwell and thanks for your thoughts.  I am not CURRENTLY unhappy, I have been sort of this way for some time now and when I see ex 04 guys doing well at other clubs after leaving for very little or nothing it hurts.  If we had been able to manage the Club better and keep the talent produced locally or developed in Gelsenkirchen then look at the team we could have had:  Neuer, Uchida, Howedes, Kolasinac, Fuchs, Rafinha, Ozil, Rakitic, Goretzka, Meyer, Draxler and Huntelaar - most if not all still holding down International places and the cost to other clubs in total less that 50 million for the lot - to us that is.  The new Manager seems unable to control the older players and does not have the guts to sub them so only pulls off the kids when things are not working. That was the same with Prince Boateng and Choup-Moting but they were despatched and are still causing the same problems elsewhere,  With the exception of the Captain, Harit and young Kehrer no one else in the present team is capable of replacing any of the above and to think that McKennie will avoid the most red and yellow cards this season is debatable. Burgstaller is never in the right position for a striker and spends more time leaning on the corner flag than in the penalty area and although Konoplyanka shows promise at times he never quite fulfils that!  Now we are short of a striker and no one in the middle to supply or dictate the game.  After his injury Embolo has not got back anywhere near where he was and his world cup was very very poor. So much for the support and help he has had in the Veltins!  It goes on and on - like me!, but after supporting the club for nearly 70years it hurts!

Final league position: 6th
Player of the season: Davy Klaassen
Best goalscorer: Max Kruse (16 goals)
Best new signing: Klaasen
Biggest surprise: Yuya Osako scores 10
Manager change (yes/no):  No, please god no

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Rebel Yelle said:

Welcome aboard! :D 

My club: FC Koln
Final league position: 2nd
Player of the season: Christian Clemens
Best goalscorer: Jhon Cordoba
Most appearances: Timo Horn
Best new signing: Rafael Czichos
Biggest surprise: Sehrou Guirassy, I think he's going to get game time and will score a few goals.
Manager change (yes/no): No

6 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

My club: Everton
Final league position: 8th
Player of the season: Gylfi Sigurdsson
Best goalscorer: Cenk Tosun (16 goals)
Most appearances: Jordan Pickford
Best new signing: Yerry Mina
Biggest surprise: We move to Germany
Manager change (yes/no): No.

5 hours ago, Rebel Yelle said:

Welcome aboard!

1. FC Bayern

2. Dortmund

3. Hoffenheim

4. Schalke

5. Leverkusen

6. Stuttgart

7. Leipzig

8. Gladbach

9. Bremen

10. Frankfurt

11. Hertha

12. Freiburg

13. Hannover

14. Augsburg

15. Mainz

16. Wolfsburg

17. Düsseldorf

18. Nürnberg

Although the  level in the league is probably not that high compared to the other top 3-4 leagues in Europe theses days, it is still quite a hard division to stay in. No teams are really bad. 

My club: Red Bull Leipzig
Final league position: 18th
Player of the season: Wladimir Jewgenjewitsch Bestschastnych
Best goalscorer: Danny Invincible
Most appearances: Walter Matthau
Best new signing: Peter Neururer 
Biggest surprise: Rolf (!) Rangnick
Manager changes: yes

Archived