talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Ousmane Dembélé - Staying at FC Barcelona

@SirBalon @Panna King @Gunnersauraus @6666 @Chaaay AFC @...Dan @shut up @Asura

Arsenal are closing in on Barcelona winger Ousmane Dembele, according to reports inThe Sun.

The club's summer spending looks close to being over - but the arrival of Dembele would provide a boost to Unai Emery, although The Sun reports the Catalan club want to take Aaron Ramsey as part of an exchange deal for the 21-year-old France international.

Ramsey was linked to Chelsea earlier this week and although Emery has said he wants to keep the Wales international at Arsenal, the Gunners are relatively blessed in central midfield, including Matteo Guendouzi, who impressed during the club's Asian tour.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This rumour has been simmering in the background going from tepid to lukewarm since a few days before the World Cup Final was played.

What do I think?

Well Ousmane Dembélé is a mega talented player and of this there is absolutely no doubt whatsoever. But he has a myriad of issues ranging from being a lonsome character, unsociable to needing a person attached to him from the psychological part of the team to be consistently boosting his confidence. Add to this that when he gets into a strop he does ridiculous things like he did before he moved from Borussia Dortmund to Barcelona where he decided to go awol.

Unai Emery amongst various attributes has one main detail about his coaching skills and this is that he’s big on harnessing mental strength from his players if they totally devote themselves to his vision.

Taking all of these things into account I’m not so sure. 

11 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

This rumour has been simmering in the background going from tepid to lukewarm since a few days before the World Cup Final was played.

What do I think?

Well Ousmane Dembélé is a mega talented player and of this there is absolutely no doubt whatsoever. But he has a myriad of issues ranging from being a lonsome character, unsociable to needing a person attached to him from the psychological part of the team to be consistently boosting his confidence. Add to this that when he gets into a strop he does ridiculous things like he did before he moved from Borussia Dortmund to Barcelona where he decided to go awol.

Unai Emery amongst various attributes has one main detail about his coaching skills and this is that he’s big on harnessing mental strength from his players if they totally devote themselves to his vision.

Taking all of these things into account I’m not so sure. 

Makes sense that Tony isn't too upset by this news as his left-testicle is Arsenal coloured.

• Subscriber

If you look at the history of the player here I think Barcelona are getting the better deal. He has obviously not worked out for them and they are getting a player who, when he gets into stride, can cause some real damage with his passing and incisive play. Should Arsenal even be willing to take such a gamble? I'd say no. Does Ramsey even want a move?

• The title was changed to Aaron Ramsey & Ousmane Dembele - Swap Deal?
4 hours ago, SirBalon said:

So the news is deeper than just a possible move by Arsenal for Dembélé Who’s at Barcelona.

The apparent deal would include Aaron Ramsey moving the other way plus €115m. :o

No way we could ever afford that, that's a 160m euro deal. No way we have that sort of cash.

5 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

No way we could ever afford that, that's a 160m euro deal. No way we have that sort of cash.

I’m hearing that if the Rabiot deal fails for Barça which should be made clear in the next couple of days, then Barcelona will probably go for Aaron Ramsey. This could be awkward for us so close the the start of the new season. 

46 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Is Ramsey meant to be a replacement for Paulinho? Probably an upgrade for Barca there, although I don't know if he'll have the same strikers instinct that Paulinho weirdly has as a defensive midfielder.

I actually think Ramsey would be really good in Paulinho’s role of linking play, then driving beyond the striker or arriving late to finish moves.

I wouldn't even want this to happen as a straight swap to be honest, let alone a Ramsey + a bucket load of money deal. Dembele is a talented footballer but nowhere near "one of the best" talented. He seems like a cunt as well with a massive ego even though he's not really done a lot and I don't think he'd be as important to the team as Ramsey is.

Ramsey would be an idiot to stay at Arsenal in my opinion, hes had success in the FA Cup, now take your moment and go abroad and play for an elite team because he's definitely good enough to play anywhere.

There are some very strong rumours coming out today that Arsenal are preparing to actually buy Ousmane Dembele for £89 Million, the deal will be £8.9 Million 1 year loan fee with a future fee of £80 million.

With Welbeck, Perez both going it does look like an attacking player will come in.

2 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

I’m sure Arsenal are “interested” in having Dembele. I’m sure Waltham Abbey would be interested in having Dembele too but like Arsenal, it ain’t gunna happen. 

Waltham Abbey are a big club though.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Cannabis said:

I've never bought into Ousmane Dembele. A terrible attitude and a panic buy after Neymar was snatched, I'd honestly get rid.

He's 21. There's plenty of time for him to mature, and he wasn't helped last season by being out for a few months with injury. 

He's a class act and has the ability to make it at Barca. Really cannot see them selling him or loaning him.

Archived