talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Kepa - Signs for Chelsea FC

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

This is the thing... You can't do that because in theory the money should be the player's money and if there's a lawful contract and agreement involved in the money used to purchase the contract, then the club that doesn't want to sell could state that the law was broken. To summarise... The rules are that the player himself is freeing himself from his contractual obligations to his employer with the price stipulated and previously signed.  No entity is permitted to do this.

I don't think that's really ever been true.

I did find out some interesting changes that happened regarding Spanish tax law which actually makes it easier for clubs to pay a player's release clause - https://www.cityam.com/252013/recent-change-spains-tax-laws-could-make-buying-liga-manchester-united/amp

6 minutes ago, 6666 said:

I don't think that's really ever been true.

I did find out some interesting changes that happened regarding Spanish tax law which actually makes it easier for clubs to pay a player's release clause - https://www.cityam.com/252013/recent-change-spains-tax-laws-could-make-buying-liga-manchester-united/amp

Yeah, the tax laws on a footballer's buy-out clause changed almost two years ago. Before the law changed the buying club not only had to pay the stipulated price but then had to go to the nation's tax office to pay the tax (VAT) on that purchase which before the change was at over 40%. 

But the theory behind the paying of the buy-out clause is that the player himself purchases the price stipulated on the signed contract.

1 hour ago, True Blue said:

Fuck me i am confused, will we pay the 71mill or not babes?

The west London club have paid his £71.6 million release clause to Athletic Bilbao, which makes him the most expensive goalkeeper in history. He is expected to sign a five-year contract. His arrival would mean that Chelsea can sell Thibaut Courtois to Real Madrid for about £31 million.

9 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

The west London club have paid his £71.6 million release clause to Athletic Bilbao, which makes him the most expensive goalkeeper in history. He is expected to sign a five-year contract. His arrival would mean that Chelsea can sell Thibaut Courtois to Real Madrid for about £31 million.

The crazy triangle in all of this is that Chelsea get the goalkeeper Real Madrid originally wanted and Real Madrid pay more for a goalkeeper they weren't even thinking about and that's an Atlético Madrid cult hero. :ph34r:

Suddenly £40m on Chelsea's part doesn't seem so bad after all. ;)

The crazy triangle in all of this is that Chelsea get the goalkeeper Real Madrid originally wanted and Real Madrid pay more for a goalkeeper they weren't even thinking about and that's an Atlético Madrid cult hero. :ph34r:

Suddenly £40m on Chelsea's part doesn't seem so bad after all. ;)

Whats crazy is that Madrid could have picked him up for only 18Mill at the time I believe... but Zidane didn't want him because he believed it would upset the balance of the squad.. 

Now everyone is out of pocket... 

4 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Whats crazy is that Madrid could have picked him up for only 18Mill at the time I believe... but Zidane didn't want him because he believed it would upset the balance of the squad.. 

Only Chelsea got the keeper Real Madrid studied and believed would be the long term future of their brand name.  Everyone may be out of pocket, but if you sell Courtois to them you are the ultimate winners.  I think it's almost on the scope of a master plan come good.

5 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Lot of people smirking about this, but the fact is Real Madrid did win the Champions League last season, so not signing Kepa then hardly cost them. One could even argue it's a form of vindication for Zidane's decision. And they've now signed a very good keeper for 13m more, which is peanuts in football these days, especially to Real Madrid.

Absolutely no reason for Real Madrid to be embarrassed about how this has panned out.

Only Chelsea got the keeper Real Madrid studied and believed would be the long term future of their brand name.  Everyone may be out of pocket, but if you sell Courtois to them you are the ultimate winners.  I think it's almost on the scope of a master plan come good.

Despite our transfer window looking a bit dodge at one point we have brought in Kepa ( hopefully for at least the foreseeable future ) Kovacic on loan and Jorghino.. I don't know if there will be any last minute defensive signings or even another striker as we are still being linked with one or two but bearing in mind that we have scooped roughly 50% back on the sale of Court then all in all not a bad window..  

17 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Despite our transfer window looking a bit dodge at one point we have brought in Kepa ( hopefully for at least the foreseeable future ) Kovacic on loan and Jorghino.. I don't know if there will be any last minute defensive signings or even another striker as we are still being linked with one or two but bearing in mind that we have scooped roughly 50% back on the sale of Court then all in all not a bad window..  

The Kovačić loan is with an option to buy which is also a benefit in all of this.  As things stand you have upgraded your squad/team admirably. What you do need though is for your strikers to start putting those chances in the back of the net.

1 hour ago, Burning Gold said:

Lot of people smirking about this, but the fact is Real Madrid did win the Champions League last season, so not signing Kepa then hardly cost them. One could even argue it's a form of vindication for Zidane's decision. And they've now signed a very good keeper for 13m more, which is peanuts in football these days, especially to Real Madrid.

Absolutely no reason for Real Madrid to be embarrassed about how this has panned out.

I don't think anyone is suggesting that... It just shows how crucial timing can be

If Madrid had brought him in it didn't mean they had to unsettle the squad by chopping things around, They could have got him on board told him to bide his time and then been their future keeper for many years... and it would have only set them back 18Mill

Zidane only had eyes for the here and now.. not the long term future, I was reading an article earlier where some were suggesting it is why he ended up leaving after a falling out over this.. I can only guess if there was more to it than that, only the powers that be know the answer to that one.. and fair enough some could argue that he was vindicated because they won the CL but some could also argue that he was eyeing personal glory over the greater long term good of the team.. 

In the past 10 years Madrid have only won La Liga twice and that's a poor return for a side that boasts so much talent so it's understandable that they could have been looking to bring in younger players with potential to go the distance and hopefully improve that situation.. The money is nothing for a club like that you are right but for long term growth I could not understand why he would have been so stubborn over it.. Now he has gone they have gone and got another keeper anyway, only this time they have gone for someone that was not their original choice because his buy out was now through the roof... 

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

The Kovačić loan is with an option to buy which is also a benefit in all of this.  As things stand you have upgraded your squad/team admirably. What you do need though is for your strikers to start putting those chances in the back of the net.

We don't know that. Our correspondents are saying one is included, however a lot of reports in Spain are saying there isn't. 

Going to have to wait until the official announcement. Proper bollocks f there is no option to buy included. 

For sure.. our one big area of weakness, don't matter how much possession or how many chances you create if it don't go over the line when it matters what's the use... Arsenal the other night was a classic example.. Had them on the ropes for 45 minutes could have got 4 but only managed 1 they levelled at the death and we lost on pens... that's us all over, You would expect to concede against a good side you don't expect to squander chance after chance up front... 

6 hours ago, SirBalon said:

A player could actually do that lawfully you know! xD

They could then sign for whoever they want but obviously nobody would do that.

How is it actually done mate?  He's handed a cheque by Chelsea addressed to the RFEF? Or does he need to have a cheque of his own from his own account? 

What's to stop him just pocketing the 80m decoding not to buy out his contract and staying at Atletico?

Archived