The better place to talk football.

Kurt Zouma Joins Everton

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Has Zouma signed then or?

We had until 7pm to get the deal done. Then you've got 6 hours of the guys at the official website coming up with some cringe reveal video so probably be some news in the morning.

I expect we've got it done.

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Worse than Ashley Williams last season.

Hopefully just a mediocre attempt at a troll. Any sentence with the sequence of words "worse than Ashley Williams" without several other words in between or immediately followed by the words "at being a liability" simply can not be taken seriously.

I know little about Zouma but unless he's permanently handicapped and needs a wheelchair to get around he must be more mobile than Michael Keane and Grandad Jags so should be more suited to Marco Silva's high line.

Over the course of the season he should be third choice behind Holgate and Mina, and is a vastly less expensive one year stop gap than paying £22m for Marcos Rojo. I'm sure this move wasn't our first choice but it appears to be the best we can do in this window. If this means less minutes for Keane (unless Silva can work literal miracles and make him look like a vaguely competent defender over the coming months) and Jagielka then it can't be a bad move. In January or next summer we can buy another centre back or two who can actually be long term options for the club.

It's true he struggled at Stoke but he also showed in that loan spell at times why he was our starting centre back not long ago and that only came to an end because of a horrific injury. I couldn't see him fitting into Conte's back three and nor Sarri's back four but he did incredibly well for us under Mourinho considering his age. His weakness is his tactical awareness, positioning and you have to say ability on the ball, it can be quite a sight to watch a man of his frame try to get going on the ball. The first two weaknesses you're hoping he can work on and iron out as he gets older but he needs to be playing and Chelsea isn't the right place for him at this moment in time. The loan move suits us, the potential he has is too much to get rid and we can see how he develops. He was also a bit of a fan's favourite as well.

Archived