Newport County vs Crewe Alexandra
Tranmere Rovers vs Cheltenham Town
Yeovil Town vs Mansfield Town

• The topic was pinned
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blackpool away. 

Going to be a tough match for Pompey. Hopefully we can sort out our midfield before this weekend, and it was atrocious against Luton, and we weren't able to string 3 passes together nor retain possession. 

I would be happy with a draw in this match, but fear we will lose this 2-1. 

20 hours ago, DNA said:

Derby/Leeds should be fireworks.

As for us, it's only going to get worse until it's gets better I feel. 😁

Has selling Brooks knackered you quite a bit?

The loss against the cunts was a bit unlucky but then getting twatted by Boro by half time wouldn't have helped.

8 minutes ago, BounceAroundTheGround said:

We'll either lose 1-0 our draw 0-0 tomorrow against Bolton. We just don't do well against direct, defensive and shithousey teams.

Also our defence have a phobia of Sammy Ameobi

I'd rather see you win 8-0 than concede a goal against that useless tosser.

1 hour ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Has selling Brooks knackered you quite a bit?

The loss against the cunts was a bit unlucky but then getting twatted by Boro by half time wouldn't have helped.

There is a lot of deadweight in the side that goes beyond losing Brooks, fitness levels don't even look great and our defence is a sieve atm, lumbered with the fact Wilder is reluctant to change things (at the moment). Just thankful it's still early in the season.

I'm expecting our game with Derby later to be a really good watch. Really could go either way.

It will be interesting to see if we go for the exact same approach as last week against Stoke. We definitely looked a threat going forward. I think we tired and tailed off the last 15mins or so, but that was down to the effort, running and high tempo we had set before that.

I would love to see Pontus back at CB for Berardi but I feel he'll stick with an unchanged team. Going to go for an exciting 2-2 draw. I think we'll create chances but I worry for us defensively. The warning signs were there last week.

And to be fair, I'd take a draw probably.

• Subscriber
23 minutes ago, Danny said:

Apparently Stoke weren't in the game at all and we gifted them a goal with an error, from Mepham of all people 😂 Brilliant, come on lads

Ashley Williams came on during the first half I hear so you'll score at least one.

Disappointing to not hold on, but in reality, going 2-0 up was more than a surprise. Didn't turn up first half, then had a brilliant 10 minute spell. Would have taken a point before the game, and I'm chuffed with it now. 

I hate to slag off the officials when I  can but that was one of the worst refereeing performances I've seen in years, for both sides. He completely lost it with inane 50/50s given to Bristol throughout the game, with petty PETTY bookings. He failed to give them a stonewall penalty, but there's also talk of a shocker by the linesman for Bristol's first (to be reviewed). 

Still, unbeaten against two of the more fancied sides in the league. And Magennis was a beast again. 

Very harsh defeat with the last kick of the game. Played well and had chances to go 3-1 up and then 3-2 up late on, only got ourselves to blame for not converting more chances. 

Got done by three crosses into the box for each of the goals which all came about during periods of pressure from us, so frustrating. Our defence is extremely young which isn't helping, they will get stronger as the season goes on but can't wait to see Burn back in the side to calm things down and his aerial presence will be a big boost.

We've definitely got something about us this season though, think we'll give everyone a game and pick up some decent results along the way.

• The title was changed to 2018/19 Football League > 11th August
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived