The better place to talk football.

2018/19 Football League > 11th August

football forum

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

Isn't that a shopping channel xD

I think you're think you're  thinking of qvc 😂what channel do you watch it on?

35 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

I don't watch it. Maybe next year :ph34r:

With Ashley you might be watching the non league show in a few years :ph34r:

Aston Villa vs Wigan Athletic

Well it looks like their quality shone through at the end. It looked like Wigan played really well, but Villa should be praised for not giving up. McGinn looks like he could be a real astute signing.

Blackburn Rovers vs Millwall

I think at the start of the day both teams would have taken a point. They'll both be disappointed not to have scored, but early signs are suggesting they'll both be in the mid table mix.

Bolton Wanderers vs Bristol City

It's difficult to tell if Bolton let Bristol back in the game or Bristol did very well to get two goals. The one positive for Bolton is that this was probably the type of match they would have lost last season. Weimann scoring made me laugh.

Middlesbrough vs Birmingham City

Another win for 'Boro who haven't seem to let their weakened team effect them. It must be said Birmingham looked like. Garry Monk needs to swallow his pride and bring back in one of his experienced 'keepers too.

Norwich City vs West Brom

West Brom seem to be improving every game. They could be benefiting from the trabsfer window closing early looking at the way Rodriguez played. Dwight Gayle looked lively as ever too.

Nottingham Forest vs Reading

Forest looking good again. Reading haven't looked bad on both games but still have nothing to show for it. Hopefully they can get something on the board soon to help Clement out.

QPR vs Sheffield United

I took Eze out for Woodburn in my fantasy team so yeah, annoyed. Im not really sure what the penalty was for. QPR really need a good result just to lift spirits.

Rotherham United vs Ipswich Town

This loss could be rather telling about where Ipswich are. They've signed a load of players Paul Hirst knows but don't know the league. A loss to the team recognised to the worst in the league is hardly going to fill their fans with confidence.

Sheffield Wednesday vs Hull City

This looked like a contest between two teams that could be flirting with relegation this season. I didn't realise Sheffield Wednesday hasn't signed anybody either. Steven Fletcher really needs a goal.

Stoke City vs Brentford

Brentford looked lively again on the highlight shows. Against a less experienced team they would have won this. Stoke City really need to take the positives out of not losing a match like this early on in the season.

Swansea City vs Preston North End

Two back to back wins for Swansea. Maybe Graham Potter could be a real great addition? Preston are a combative team under Neil so this is a very well recorded victory.

Derby County vs Leeds United

Great stuff from Leeds again and their lively front four. The Goalkeeper at fault for Lawrence's goal is the only criticism I can level at them. It's going to be interesting to see how long this momentum lasts.

3 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Bolton Wanderers vs Bristol City

It's difficult to tell if Bolton let Bristol back in the game or Bristol did very well to get two goals. The one positive for Bolton is that this was probably the type of match they would have lost last season. Weimann scoring made me laugh.

Weimann was probably the best player in the pitch yesterday. You're right though, we'd have bottled that completely last season. 

We were VERY lucky to be two up - it had been all Bristol, but they were arrogant in the way I am when I play my younger brother at FIFA - 'I know I'm much better than you, so I don't really even need to shoot, goals will just happen'. Just desserts when we go two up then, fuckers. 

They were far better though, and even from two down, still deserved all three points probably. However, we still have a team that has barely played together, and are still giving the bigger sides a run for their money. Now this truly is Parky's team, he's hopefully recruited players who will break their backs working for him. That's all we ask for.

Obviously we played very well yesterday. Derby were below par so it's hard to know just how good we were really. Important to note that they were missing Curtis Davies who is the best defender they have at the club and had a youngster making his debut. Richard Keogh is absolutely gash though, they really need to ditch him.

Saiz was absolutely the star of the show for me. He needs to work on his end product because he can be wasteful and sometimes he will pick the harder pass when the easier one would suffice. But there is no doubt he is a great talent and gives us a serious attacking threat. To be fair, he owes us big time after the spitting incident at Newport and going right off the boil second half of season.

Klich is playing so well that people have forgot we've sold Ronaldo Viera. The lad is completely reborn and it just shows how mistreated/misused he was last season under previous management.

Roofe is on fire. He's a bit of an enigma in that he promises so much and then can go missing but no complaints so far. He's lef the line brilliantly up front. Bamford will have to wait for his chance I'm afraid.

One final thing, how on earth did we steal Barry Douglas from Wolves for £3m? The lad is absolutely quality, backed up by his goals and assists last season. He's fitted in seamlessly and what a difference it makes to have him at LB and Luke Ayling who missed most of last season at RB. I wouldn't swap them full backs for any other in the division.

23 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

I said Leeds would win the championship earlier, I’m not wrong they will do 100 points, pleased for their fans tbh. 

Really? Don't mean to generalise I'm sure most of their fans are alright but they have a higher amount of cunts than most clubs from what i can gather 

On 10/08/2018 at 20:13, JOSHBRFC said:

Millwall at home. Expecting a tough game after their opening game, where i was expecting an easy Boro win.

Dack to score first and 3-1.

A draw was a fair result in the end by looking at the highlights, but it was always going to be cagey against a side like that. I also watched the game vs Ipswich and that should also have been a win on that occasion after a very good performance. The 2 draws isn't a bad start(even if it should really be 4 points not instead of 2) and is better than 2 losses. It's something to build on and while I don't see a team there that will gain promotion yet, or be up there fighting with those sides(it's a massive ask), I don't see it as a side that will get relegated either, which is the most important this season. The 2 opening games have ended in draws, but you see those draws turning into wins before losses, especially judging by the first game. A lot of work needs to be done, but there are plenty of positives to look at.

There are no easy games in this league at all and you can't predict anything. It's highly competitive and literally anyone can beat anyone. It's going to be an exciting season though, that is for certain.

Leeds look unstoppable right now, but Bielsa was always going to have the affect as you don't often get managers of his expertise at this level. The problem is, that he has a habit of falling out with club presidents and walking out of jobs, or doing stupid things after everything has been working well for him. He could well be the answer to Leeds finally gaining promotion mind, although I do hope I'm wrong as I can't stand the cunts ;).

1 hour ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Really? Don't mean to generalise I'm sure most of their fans are alright but they have a higher amount of cunts than most clubs from what i can gather 

Contradiction at it's finest xD

So basically, you're not going to generalise but you're going to generalise anyway based on nothing but a generalised perception.

Seems fair.

4 minutes ago, Lucas said:

So basically, you're not going to generalise but I'm going to generalise anyway based on nothing but a generalised perception.

I meant not most leeds fans are that bad. But they are known for causing more trouble than most clubs.  If you look into police reports they do cause more trouble than a lot of clubs.  That doesn't mean I'm saying most of them are bad most have nothing to do with football violence. If I said Milwall had more bad fans than most would you disagree?

6 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I meant not most leeds fans are that bad. But they are known for causing more trouble than most clubs.  If you look into police reports they do cause more trouble than a lot of clubs.  That doesn't mean I'm saying most of them are bad most have nothing to do with football violence. If I said Milwall had more bad fans than most would you disagree?

I think reputation from the past proceeds us actually. We'll always have that label, bit like we'll always have the tag of 'Dirty Leeds'. Once you get associated with something, there is a stigma to it that you cannot shake.

We're not that bad. But we are an extremely passionate fanbase.

14 minutes ago, Lucas said:

So basically, you're not going to generalise but you're going to generalise anyway based on nothing but a generalised perception.

Seems fair.

I was on a train with Leeds fans singing a song about how many Michael Brown's you should have in a team and they counted up to 46. Hated them ever since. 

1 minute ago, Lucas said:

I think reputation from the past proceeds us actually. We'll always have that label, bit like we'll always have the tag of 'Dirty Leeds'. Once you get associated with something, there is a stigma to it that you cannot shake.

We're not that bad. But we are an extremely passionate fanbase.

I never said all your fans are bad mate. I said quite the opposite actually

Had to miss watching the game as we had a long drive, however I was able to listen to the match and while it great getting another 3 points, it was another game where we were outplayed and didn't have any posessions for the majority of the match. 

Still a 2-1 win away to Blackpool is a fantastic result. 

2 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I’ve heard Leeds are cunts all my life, mostly from embittered followers of other Yorkshire clubs or East Midlands clubs such as Forrest. Plus United fans but everyone knows United fans outside of Manchester are by and large wankers anyway. 

Nope I’ve only had good experiences with Leeds fans, therefore I wish them well. 

12 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

I’ve heard Leeds are cunts all my life, mostly from embittered followers of other Yorkshire clubs or East Midlands clubs such as Forrest. Plus United fans but everyone knows United fans outside of Manchester are by and large wankers anyway. 

Nope I’ve only had good experiences with Leeds fans, therefore I wish them well. 

That's fair enough. I never said they were all cunts. Most fans of any club aren't cunts. 

• Subscriber

I didn't think that the keeper was hugely at fault for Tom Lawrence's goal. It's one of them horrible free kicks that moves everywhere. Get them right they're nearly unstoppable.

• The title was changed to 2018/19 Football League > 11th August
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived