talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

2018/19 Football League > 11th August

football forum

• Subscriber

Slightly happy with Leeds good start as I have them in the pontoon at work. 21 goals please Lads before any of the other teams in the hat. ¬¬

I expected a tough game against Millwall and a draw was a fair result, before the game I was quite naive. Small steps!

• The topic was unpinned
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

I was on a train with Leeds fans singing a song about how many Michael Brown's you should have in a team and they counted up to 46. Hated them ever since. 

In a city where many of the inhabitants would struggle to spell 'GCSE', I'm quite impressed that they had the numeracy skills to count past the 12 digits on their hands. :clown:

On 12/08/2018 at 08:02, The Palace Fan said:

Aston Villa vs Wigan Athletic

Well it looks like their quality shone through at the end. It looked like Wigan played really well, but Villa should be praised for not giving up. McGinn looks like he could be a real astute signing.

Blackburn Rovers vs Millwall

I think at the start of the day both teams would have taken a point. They'll both be disappointed not to have scored, but early signs are suggesting they'll both be in the mid table mix.

Bolton Wanderers vs Bristol City

It's difficult to tell if Bolton let Bristol back in the game or Bristol did very well to get two goals. The one positive for Bolton is that this was probably the type of match they would have lost last season. Weimann scoring made me laugh.

Middlesbrough vs Birmingham City

Another win for 'Boro who haven't seem to let their weakened team effect them. It must be said Birmingham looked like. Garry Monk needs to swallow his pride and bring back in one of his experienced 'keepers too.

Norwich City vs West Brom

West Brom seem to be improving every game. They could be benefiting from the trabsfer window closing early looking at the way Rodriguez played. Dwight Gayle looked lively as ever too.

Nottingham Forest vs Reading

Forest looking good again. Reading haven't looked bad on both games but still have nothing to show for it. Hopefully they can get something on the board soon to help Clement out.

QPR vs Sheffield United

I took Eze out for Woodburn in my fantasy team so yeah, annoyed. Im not really sure what the penalty was for. QPR really need a good result just to lift spirits.

Rotherham United vs Ipswich Town

This loss could be rather telling about where Ipswich are. They've signed a load of players Paul Hirst knows but don't know the league. A loss to the team recognised to the worst in the league is hardly going to fill their fans with confidence.

Sheffield Wednesday vs Hull City

This looked like a contest between two teams that could be flirting with relegation this season. I didn't realise Sheffield Wednesday hasn't signed anybody either. Steven Fletcher really needs a goal.

Stoke City vs Brentford

Brentford looked lively again on the highlight shows. Against a less experienced team they would have won this. Stoke City really need to take the positives out of not losing a match like this early on in the season.

Swansea City vs Preston North End

Two back to back wins for Swansea. Maybe Graham Potter could be a real great addition? Preston are a combative team under Neil so this is a very well recorded victory.

Derby County vs Leeds United

Great stuff from Leeds again and their lively front four. The Goalkeeper at fault for Lawrence's goal is the only criticism I can level at them. It's going to be interesting to see how long this momentum lasts.

Why, man?

*bdum tss*

• The title was changed to 2018/19 Football League > 11th August

Archived