The better place to talk football.

NFL 2018/19

football forum

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
Just now, Teso dos Bichos said:

We got us another 12 @Storts :twothumbsup: welcome Stan. If you think the NFL atmosphere is great, the college football is even greater. 

Haha cheers. Not sure what coverage there is of college football here and if there is, I seem to have missed it.

I'm looking forward to the other two games just for the fun of it and being amongst it all. 

My best mate is a Seahawks fan and I seem to have underestimated him when he said that their fans are one of the best in the NFL and that they travel so well. Did amuse me when Seahawks came out to loud cheers then when Raiders come out just a chorus of seriously loud boos around the ground xD. Also heard on the way to the stadium that Seahawks have the loudest fans (official record) in the NFL - something like 130 decibels?!

2 hours ago, Stan said:

Haha cheers. Not sure what coverage there is of college football here and if there is, I seem to have missed it.

I'm looking forward to the other two games just for the fun of it and being amongst it all. 

My best mate is a Seahawks fan and I seem to have underestimated him when he said that their fans are one of the best in the NFL and that they travel so well. Did amuse me when Seahawks came out to loud cheers then when Raiders come out just a chorus of seriously loud boos around the ground xD. Also heard on the way to the stadium that Seahawks have the loudest fans (official record) in the NFL - something like 130 decibels?!

College football is shite, so if you don't get coverage in the UK (I'm fairly confident you don't though), you're not missing much.

5 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Just read he co-founded Microsoft and had battled cancer. 

Yup, he's a big part of how Microsoft got a massive contract with IBM for DOS... and the rest is history. He was an important man for much more than just owning an NFL side.

9 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

College football is shite, so if you don't get coverage in the UK (I'm fairly confident you don't though), you're not missing much.

Yup, he's a big part of how Microsoft got a massive contract with IBM for DOS... and the rest is history. He was an important man for much more than just owning an NFL side.

Full coverage on ESPN. I love it.

• Administrator

Anyone see Rodgers and Green Bay's heroics last night against San Francisco 49ers?

Couple mins left losing 30-23 and they turn it round to win 33-30 with only 2 mins left on the clock.

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Anyone see Rodgers and Green Bay's heroics last night against San Francisco 49ers?

Couple mins left losing 30-23 and they turn it round to win 33-30 with only 2 mins left on the clock.

Yeah, I'm a niners fan... so it wasn't that great from my perspective. But it was two badly banged up sides, one of which has one of the best quarterbacks in the sport... the other with CJ Beathard, who is very shite. After the 49ers final drive being completely ineffective with over 2 minutes to go, I thought that Rodgers would lead Green Bay to victory... and they did, was not surprised at all tbh. In all honesty, I was more surprised the niners had offensive production like they did. Wasn't expecting that from this side that's pretty much had their season ended once their quarterback's season ended.

On 15/10/2018 at 23:54, Dr. Gonzo said:

Where do you live mate? You are a Scouser originally right?

6 hours ago, Stan said:

2 minutes in American football is about 3 hours isn't it?

5 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Where do you live mate? You are a Scouser originally right?

Yeah but I’ve been in California for 7, almost 8, years now. Going home in November though :D - not permanently though, but for the first time in years.

• Administrator

Was a much better game entertainment-wise today. Seemed to be more going on than last week and was a bit more end-to-end. Given Raiders were so shit last week it was good to see an engaging game between the 2. I'd say Chargers were the better side today and surprised they didn't win by more.

I'm surprised Titans went for the extra point - thought they'd go for the safe option of the field goal and then have a better chance of a TD in overtime. 

Chargers fans were pretty good today, too. Lot of noise made but not as much as Seahawks last week.

Next week - Eagles vs Jags sounds like it'll be a good game.

Was quite impressed with the “ballsy” approach by the Titans at the end there. It just shows how little they think of a tie, even with the prospect of overtime, and that they’d rather go big and attempt to win it in ‘normal time’. It makes a change from watching Football and the away side playing for a draw from the first whistle. 

On 21/10/2018 at 13:58, Stan said:

Was a much better game entertainment-wise today. Seemed to be more going on than last week and was a bit more end-to-end. Given Raiders were so shit last week it was good to see an engaging game between the 2. I'd say Chargers were the better side today and surprised they didn't win by more.

I'm surprised Titans went for the extra point - thought they'd go for the safe option of the field goal and then have a better chance of a TD in overtime. 

Chargers fans were pretty good today, too. Lot of noise made but not as much as Seahawks last week.

Next week - Eagles vs Jags sounds like it'll be a good game.

Funny because they’re by far the least supported NFL side xD - they have trouble filling a 27k seated stadium since their move.

• Administrator
20 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Funny because they’re by far the least supported NFL side xD - they have trouble filling a 27k seated stadium since their move.

xD 

There were more around on Sunday than Titans. Actually seemed to be more about than Raiders last week, as well. 

Noticed lots of Green Bay fans as well despite not playing in any games this year. There was this really skinny old guy who was a Packers fan but also a proper full-kit wanker. Had all the kit - shirt, skin-tight shorts/trousers, shoulder pads, thigh pads, cheese-hat xD. Looked a fucking mess. No doubt @SirBalon would've loved it though.

Worse than that though are the guys who go around wearing the cardboard helmets with a grille, too xD

2 hours ago, Stan said:

xD 

There were more around on Sunday than Titans. Actually seemed to be more about than Raiders last week, as well. 

Noticed lots of Green Bay fans as well despite not playing in any games this year. There was this really skinny old guy who was a Packers fan but also a proper full-kit wanker. Had all the kit - shirt, skin-tight shorts/trousers, shoulder pads, thigh pads, cheese-hat xD. Looked a fucking mess. No doubt @SirBalon would've loved it though.

Worse than that though are the guys who go around wearing the cardboard helmets with a grille, too xD

That's weird too, because in terms of California team support... the Raiders are by far and away the most supported side in the state. More of southern California is getting aboard the Rams bandwagon though. San Diego was a split (for some reason) between mostly Charger fans and Raider fans from the natives, then a lot of people support their side from where they're originally from or where their family is from that make up a big chunk of local football support here. Since their move from San Diego, a lot of the natives have understandably ditched the Chargers. And in LA, the Raiders are king with the Rams getting a lot of bandwagon support now (and with the Raiders about to leave the fucking state).

So it's weird for them, they've moved to a place where they're not really wanted. And they've lost a lot of their core support, the number of San Diegans I know who like the Chargers still is just a handful. Meanwhile there are a lot of restaurants that give out free shite when the Chargers lose. Last season was great for that, I got so many free tacos. I suspect the vast majority of NFL fans in San Diego will be Rams fans in the coming years once the Raiders have fucked off to Las Vegas, unless the Chargers or another team moves back.

The Packers full-kit wanker though sounds pretty fucking typical of their fans xD - the Raiders also have people that go insane with how they dress for games.

• Subscriber

Spending all that for a bloody night out!!  O.o

"Four Jacksonville Jaguars players were arrested on Saturday after allegedly trying to leave a London nightclub without paying a large bar bill.

Police were called at 03:55 BST to a club after reports of a fight.

It has been reported that club security stopped them leaving after failing to settle a tab worth £50,000."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/american-football/46008877

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

The Seahawks are picking up momentum, won't catch the Rams but definitely playing like a wildcard team. 

ToddGurley(RB) is such a beast of a rb, my early candidate for MVP. 

Not seen highlights but saw how the scores went on in the Rams game! Could have lost it in the end if it wasn't for a fumble by the Packers in the final minutes.

Panthers picking up bit of momentum too, winning 4 of their last 5. 

On 28/10/2018 at 11:07, CaaC - John said:

Spending all that for a bloody night out!!  O.o

"Four Jacksonville Jaguars players were arrested on Saturday after allegedly trying to leave a London nightclub without paying a large bar bill.

Police were called at 03:55 BST to a club after reports of a fight.

It has been reported that club security stopped them leaving after failing to settle a tab worth £50,000."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/american-football/46008877

On Saturday? Were they injured players?

• Administrator

Four games next season in London

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/american-football/46034493

London will host four NFL games in 2019 with two to be played at Tottenham's new stadium and two at Wembley.

Spurs' new 62,000-seat arena was in line to host the fixture between Seattle Seahawks and Oakland Raiders in October but has yet to open.

Wembley, which staged three sold-out NFL games in recent weeks, will host the remaining two games next year.

"London is the world's sporting capital," said Mayor of London Sadiq Khan.

"Hosting NFL matches here is fantastic for fans of American football in the UK as well as supporters from all over Europe."

Next year's fixtures will bring the total number of NFL games played in London to 28 since the first match in 2007.

Only three of the NFL's 32 teams have not played in the city.

Sports minister Tracey Crouch said: "The League brings an incredible Super Bowl-style atmosphere to the UK, with fans sporting jerseys from a range of NFL teams packing out Wembley this autumn in record numbers.

"I am sure the two games at Tottenham next year will also be a huge success as the UK will once again show its passion and enthusiasm for this fantastic sport."

Archived