The better place to talk football.

NFL 2018/19

football forum

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
1 hour ago, Fairy In Boots said:

I only lasted till Half time before sleep was needed and I thought then Edelman is the best player, the only one making space. 

What an absolute legend Tom Brady is 6 rings is unbelievable, absolutely incredible achievement 

Edelman had a good game. The amount of times, mainly in the first half, the Pats kept making the same play and Rams not being able to defend or stop it was frustrating. Pretty much every 2nd or 3rd down it was a 15-20 yard pass to Edelman. So easy. 

Never seen a team having to resort to punting so much as well. Jarred Goff was utter shite. Can understand occasion may have got to him but he only seemed to wake up in the final quarter. 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Edelman had a good game. The amount of times, mainly in the first half, the Pats kept making the same play and Rams not being able to defend or stop it was frustrating. Pretty much every 2nd or 3rd down it was a 15-20 yard pass to Edelman. So easy. 

Never seen a team having to resort to punting so much as well. Jarred Goff was utter shite. Can understand occasion may have got to him but he only seemed to wake up in the final quarter. 

It was the defence on both sides rushing to get to the QB so quickly forcing decisions in rapid time, Brady was quicker and his experience told. I’m pretty sure they talked about it on the Beeb mid point through the second quarter, Brady was throwing after 2 seconds, goff was 3 that’s the fine margins. 

I don’t get why it’s getting slated either, it’s tactical chess I found it interesting to watch

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

It was the defence on both sides rushing to get to the QB so quickly forcing decisions in rapid time, Brady was quicker and his experience told. I’m pretty sure they talked about it on the Beeb mid point through the second quarter, Brady was throwing after 2 seconds, goff was 3 that’s the fine margins. 

I don’t get why it’s getting slated either, it’s tactical chess I found it interesting to watch

Tactically defences were better for both sides than offences but it made it hard to watch. Plus just the knowledge that anyone with an inkling about NFL could see Pats would come good in the final quarter due to their experience. That why I was hoping Rams would make more of a game or more of a challenge to make Pats chase the game. They kept making silly fouls and setting themselves back which was annoying. 

9 hours ago, Blue said:

American football is a fucking pointless sport but I have to say this ad was pretty great,

I'm not sure what you mean by pointless as if people find enjoyment out of it, then why would it be pointless? 

If you mean boring, then nothing can be more boring than a 0-0 draw between two teams that neither want to win in football

4 hours ago, Eco said:

I'm not sure what you mean by pointless as if people find enjoyment out of it, then why would it be pointless? 

If you mean boring, then nothing can be more boring than a 0-0 draw between two teams that neither want to win in football

People can enjoy whatever they want, but I don't see how anyone can enjoy a sport where there are commercials every 6 seconds and there are only about 13 minutes of game time.

Rugby is the real version of this sport. 

Just now, Blue said:

People can enjoy whatever they want, but I don't see how anyone can enjoy a sport where there are commercials every 6 seconds and there are only about 13 minutes of game time.

Well, it's probably the second most richest sport in the world, so you might want to realize that there are a LOT of people who rather enjoy it. 

The commercials are too many, but that's a good time to grab a beer and go to the bathroom. I'm not sure how people enjoy baseball more than American football. I know there are a lot who do, but baseball might be the slowest sport, IMO, whereas in football there is a lot of strategy. 

I don't know much about Rugby, as it's not popular here. 

37 minutes ago, Blue said:

Rugby is completely different. I presume you've never played the sport, so I'll forgive your ignorance.

Just now, ScoRoss said:

Rugby is completely different. I presume you've never played the sport, so I'll forgive your ignorance.

I know it is different, but it is a similar concept. American football was derived off of Rugby but with completely changed rules just like Aussie football, but I presume you've never read the history so I'll forgive your ignorance.

38 minutes ago, Blue said:

That’s like saying Tennis is the real version of Ping Pong. Completely and utterly different sports. 

Just now, Blue said:

I know it is different, but it is a similar concept. American football was derived off of Rugby but with completely changed rules just like Aussie football, but I presume you've never read the history so I'll forgive your ignorance.

I play American football. I know a lot more about the sport that you do reading the internet.

Just now, DeadLinesman said:

That’s like saying Tennis is the real version of Ping Pong. Completely and utterly different sports. 

Yes I know that, but the concept and idea to win the game is still the same. It's like Aussie rules football, yeah it's a different sport but they are still an ancestor to Rugby at the end of the day. 

I've seen both sports. I'm not stupid.

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

Yes I know that, but the concept and idea to win the game is still the same. It's like Aussie rules football, yeah it's a different sport but they are still an ancestor to Rugby at the end of the day. 

I've seen both sports. I'm not stupid.

Did I call you stupid? Plus if you know American Football history, the first games were played under Association Football rules. It was then changed to Rugby Union, then butchered into what is today’s modern game by the colleges. And no, that’s not from Wikipedia. I’m a massive fan of both American Football and Rugby (in league form anyway). 

Lets chill the fuck out with the insults as well.

Didn't follow this season at all. I'm not mad at the patriots winning, quite the opposite. First jersey I was bought was a patriots one, so I've always had a soft spot for them. Tom Brady is a legend, to have six rings is unbelievable. 

Gonna properly follow next season, I'm so out of the loop. Need a bit of help on who to follow. Used to like Minnesota but I know they aren't on sky much and I can't be following a team I can't watch regularly. Any suggestions?

3 minutes ago, Rick said:

Didn't follow this season at all. I'm not mad at the patriots winning, quite the opposite. First jersey I was bought was a patriots one, so I've always had a soft spot for them. Tom Brady is a legend, to have six rings is unbelievable. 

Gonna properly follow next season, I'm so out of the loop. Need a bit of help on who to follow. Used to like Minnesota but I know they aren't on sky much and I can't be following a team I can't watch regularly. Any suggestions?

Viking’s are on all the time mate! Join me on our quest for a Super Bowl. Just like Warrington, it’s always our year :banana:

4 minutes ago, Rick said:

Well, I live in Atlanta, and while we are exciting, we are also hopelessly 'close' to have the talent needed to win the Super Bowl, but something always seems to happen. 

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

Bollocks, again.

I attacked the sport, but that has nothing to do with the whole debate. I wasn't called out for calling the sport shit, I was called out for comparing it to Rugby. I insulted because I am a proud person and I am not here to look like a fucking idiot. I also never once said they are similar sports, just that Rugby is the real version.

And if you seriously believe I got offended by being called ignorant, then I can just as easily say you all got offended by me calling him an imbecil. Works both ways. 

As for the last paragraph, yes I don't understand how people can like it. That doesn't mean I hate people who do follow it, nor does it bother me. I just think they have bad taste.

The real version? Frankly, doesn't mean anything.

Archived