talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Best and worse owners

football forum

9 hours ago, Berserker said:

How they run the club, if they buy good players, hire good managers, support them, sell dross for a decent price, tie good players to long contracts and prevent them from leaving for free or with a year left. Growing the brand, generating revenues other than sales, TV or league's/championship's money. Investing in the long term, ie, facilities, young development & recruitment. I'd say that sums it up.

I’d say most of those “jobs” aren’t the responsibility of the owner. 

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Do they? I’m not sure that’s the case. They may set budgets and transfer budgets but they probably won’t be signing off on most players (unless they’ve got a sketchy past, I imagine). 

They do, a manager may ask a player, but if the owner doesn't approve it ain't happening.

10 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Yep he turned you from a tinpot club with no history that hadn't won the league in over 50 years to 5 times premier league winners with an army of plastic fans.

I knew someone would bite ~ He gave you and your fellow sad Arsenal fans 15 years of hurt ~ Hows the pain? ~ Suffer!!!!!!!!!    :rofl:

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator
4 minutes ago, Salford Kel said:

Best chairman = Daniel Levy

Worst owner = Mike Ashley

I'd love to be able to say the Glazers but Mike Ashley is hated by non-Newcastle fans for what he's done to that club. An absolute disgrace. Daniel Levy is the don 

Should Levy have used any money to buy someone this summer? Might be to Spurs detriment later on in the season if they continue through to knockout stages in Europe.

9 minutes ago, Stan said:

Should Levy have used any money to buy someone this summer? Might be to Spurs detriment later on in the season if they continue through to knockout stages in Europe.

Possibly but Levy thinks long term and he knows that the money from their new stadium will enable them to compete at a higher level than they've been able to until now. I also think that Spurs have one of the best squads in the league regardless and one of the best managers too. He has faith in their youth players and has the mentality to coach and improve players rather than just get the chequebook out. I'd gladly swap Spurs' chairman, manager and players for United's. 

I do think that they should probably have kicked on a level and maybe won a trophy by now perhaps but that is maybe something to expect more realistically once they're settled into their new ground and maybe add one or two new faces as well as the likes of Winks, Walker-Peters and Onomah into the side

Speaking of Chairmen, Gourlay was pretty good during his tenure at Chelsea. I have fucking no clue what the Chelsea heirarchy actually do because they seem to obfuscate much of their jobs, but towards the end if his tenure the club had seemingly built a good team for the future. Hazard, Azpilicueta, Luiz, Lukaku, Courtois, Mata,  de Bruyne, Romeu, Oscar, Moses,  Sturridge, yadda, yadda... and we know how it turned out as three players remain.

Who knows what Abramovic does, and the when the last time he personally spent money on the coub. Mysterious man, I do suppose that comes with the territory of being a mobster and tenuously on the brink of Putin's wrath.

Archived