talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Caglar Soyuncu - Joining Leicester City

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

apparently Arsenal have had previous bids rejected by Freiburg for £30m.

Don't know much about him.

I'm wondering if these signings are being made because Evans' injury is worse than first feared, not necessarily as replacements for Maguire which is what the press will go with.

• Subscriber

At first I thought that it was a bit OTT and we were going to be overly stacked in that position. This, as well as Benkovic, leaves us with six centre halves.

But it's worth pointing out that a lot of them are ageing.

Maybe they're getting it done to prepare for losing Maguire in a year's time.

I'm really happy with this and Benkovic though. Players with years ahead of them, reasonable wages you'd imagine and they'll only get better. They'll grow in value and they'll improve our side. These are the kinds of signings that will progress us.

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Fee agreed. 19 million.

Trying to think how Puel wants to play. A 5-3-2 maybe?

3-5-2 if anything.

CB choices of Maguire/Evans/Morgan/Soyuncu/Benkovic & Benalouane.

Take out Morgan and Benalouane who are past it and there's some good choices there. 

Probably covering for the fact Maguire may leave in future and Evans' current injury. 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I'm sure signing these defenders will do a real get job at filling the void Mahrez has left behind.

We're surely reshuffling how we set up. Wouldn't be shocked if we do go 3 at the back after all.

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Wing backs and Maddison playing behind two forwards?

Yeah something like that. I'd imagine once we have everyone available...

Schmeichel

Maguire - Soyuncu - Evans

Ricardo - Silva - Ndidi - Chilwell

Maddison

Iheanacho - Vardy

Maybe even scratch Maddison & Iheanacho occasionally and have something like Ghezzal - Vardy - Gray.

Considering we've lost Mahrez, I am seriously happy with how our squad's ended up after all. We're normally crap late in the window but we've really improved this time for me, as well as clearing some of the crap out.

We've had a better window than we're getting credit for.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Dan said:

Yeah something like that. I'd imagine once we have everyone available...

Schmeichel

Maguire - Soyuncu - Evans

Ricardo - Silva - Ndidi - Chilwell

Maddison

Iheanacho - Vardy

Maybe even scratch Maddison & Iheanacho occasionally and have something like Ghezzal - Vardy - Gray.

Considering we've lost Mahrez, I am seriously happy with how our squad's ended up after all. We're normally crap late in the window but we've really improved this time for me, as well as clearing some of the crap out.

We've had a better window than we're getting credit for.

I agree that that looks a decent team in that shape. I have my doubts over Evans, how was Adrien Silva last season?

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I agree that that looks a decent team in that shape. I have my doubts over Evans, how was Adrien Silva last season?

Silva was alright in my eyes. Still got a lot to prove to our fans. There were glimpses in matches of his quality. I genuinely think the 4/5 months of not being able to play any kind of match did affect him. Took a while for him to get going. I think this season is where he can be judged properly though, either way. 

• Subscriber
30 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Yeah I must admit it's not impossible that Evans drops down the pecking order as well now that we have Benkovic waiting in the wings too. Morgan will be 5th choice now which is hard but fair.

Silva I thought looked quality in patches and lost at other times. He's clearly got some ability about him though and I rate him above Iborra. With a proper pre-season and same time settled into our side as opposed to that utter farce last year he's more likely to produce.

Archived