talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Deadline Day Bonanza 2018/19

football forum

football forum

It's here! For England at least. The transfer market closes tonight so there will be more dodgy deals today than in a whole series of Only Fools and Horses.

Who's staying? Who's going? Who's parking up on a car-park to demand a transfer? 

Expect lots and lots of yellow 

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The asking price for all players across Europe (For the next few weeks) will drop 15m after midnight tonight....

If you're a Leipzig, Shahktar or an Ajax... Sell now. And buy tomorrow when the English clubs are out of the running. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

It closes at 5pm doesn't it? So only 8 hours 45 minutes but some transfers will be announced after the deadline as always . 

yeah SLAMS SHUT at 5pm.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Didn't realise it closed at 5pm, what the fuck? That kills deadline day. The best part about today was sitting up until about 11pm watching random Sky Sports journos outside training grounds in the pitch black. 

Boo hiss.

yeah gone are these days :(

Image result for deadline day reporters

Two lots of Stoke there the fucking mongrels. 

• The topic was pinned

There's all sorts of desperation going on in the transfer market today because of the Premier League window closing earlier than the rest of Europe.  Panic buys galore?  We could see this and in the Premier League it seems it'll be Man Utd from what I'm reading and hearing with Real Madrid panicking too across the water even though they have the rest of the month to deal with.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

Probably doesn't want to unsettle the squad mate... 

Cat amongst the pigeons I say.

I'll rant later but really furious with how this window has turned out

1 hour ago, Storts said:

Cat amongst the pigeons I say.

I'll rant later but really furious with how this window has turned out

That was just a stab at the Zidane style of management to be honest mate... 

2 out and zero in for you lot.... thought they might have got  couple of players in at least..

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

Not fishing, but I thought you lot loved him?

Really?

I'd say it's very 50/50 - some do love him, a lot detest him.

Thing is - he's a brilliant business chairman, he's built the infrastructure at the club, an incredible training ground, a new stadium that is breathtaking, whilst running the club to make a profit etc. - He's an owners dream and where we are now to where we were when he took over is excellent.

However, there comes a time where he has to back his managers and we just don't do that. It's all about opportunity with him. He tries to wait for good deals to fall into our lap where we can sell them on for more money and it backfires more often than not recently.

We are the 9th richest club in the world - we are only going to get richer and richer with the new stadium income and continued CL football - yet he has not spent a penny this summer. I've spent more on my season ticket than the club have on players. What he is failing to understand is that to make the most of the infrastructure he has built we need to continue playing in the CL, continue progressing and that means investing in the product on the pitch, not just off it. I could go for ages and more detail but I'll save it for later. However, this has been an absolute farce of a window. He has failed to progress with the times - he has failed to see how the market has developed.

There is a lot of suspicion they are readying for a sale. At the end of the day we were bought as a business. Whilst Levy is a fan and has our best interests at heart, ENIC are an investment company and we were and are an investment.

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

That was just a stab at the Zidane style of management to be honest mate... 

2 out and zero in for you lot.... thought they might have got  couple of players in at least..

So did I - nobody major out yet, although may happen later or before the end of August abroad.

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

There's all sorts of desperation going on in the transfer market today because of the Premier League window closing earlier than the rest of Europe.  Panic buys galore?  We could see this and in the Premier League it seems it'll be Man Utd from what I'm reading and hearing with Real Madrid panicking too across the water even though they have the rest of the month to deal with.

I'm really not seeing this mate. 

I don't see much on that high profile level happening today. 

1 hour ago, Storts said:

Really?

I'd say it's very 50/50 - some do love him, a lot detest him.

Thing is - he's a brilliant business chairman, he's built the infrastructure at the club, an incredible training ground, a new stadium that is breathtaking, whilst running the club to make a profit etc. - He's an owners dream and where we are now to where we were when he took over is excellent.

However, there comes a time where he has to back his managers and we just don't do that. It's all about opportunity with him. He tries to wait for good deals to fall into our lap where we can sell them on for more money and it backfires more often than not recently.

We are the 9th richest club in the world - we are only going to get richer and richer with the new stadium income and continued CL football - yet he has not spent a penny this summer. I've spent more on my season ticket than the club have on players. What he is failing to understand is that to make the most of the infrastructure he has built we need to continue playing in the CL, continue progressing and that means investing in the product on the pitch, not just off it. I could go for ages and more detail but I'll save it for later. However, this has been an absolute farce of a window. He has failed to progress with the times - he has failed to see how the market has developed.

There is a lot of suspicion they are readying for a sale. At the end of the day we were bought as a business. Whilst Levy is a fan and has our best interests at heart, ENIC are an investment company and we were and are an investment.

I think whilst a lot of people will say that you're lucky to have him because of where you are etc, at least on the pitch, a lot of it comes down to Harry Kane rather than Levy. Without him you'd just be a decent young team ready to be picked apart and probably not in as strong a position in the transfer market because Kane gives you a pull not many players can.

Apart from City and Liverpool who I think will be fighting for top spot it's going to be an interesting season for Us, United,Arsenal & Tottenham that's for sure.. 

Chelsea and Arsenal with new managers, Spurs with no signings so far and Mourinho already planning his 3rd season exit strategy... Could be a right old tussle for 3rd spot down... I wonder who will be the surprise package this season from outside the bog standard top 6??? 

I detest Deadline Day and the way it’s been glamourised by Sky Sports. 

I don’t really get it tbh. The lad I sit next to at work is on the verge of losing it here because Spurs haven’t signed anyone. He’s on a cycle of refreshing BBC Sport, Sky Sports and NewsNow on a loop and then letting out a sign of disgruntlement, sometimes a grunt, sometimes a tut and others just a mumble under his breath, that Tottenham haven’t signed anyone yet. 

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived