talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Deadline Day Bonanza 2018/19

football forum

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How are Manchester United honestly going to go into the season with 30 year old wingers, as their wing back options? Do they also think purchasing only Fred will close that 20 point gap on City? 

Wow. Either the board do not trust Mourinho, or they are incompetent. 

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

How are Manchester United honestly going to go into the season with 30 year old wingers, as their wing back options? Do they also think purchasing only Fred will close that 20 point gap on City? 

Wow. Either the board do not trust Mourinho, or they are incompetent. 

Both.

5 minutes ago, Panna King said:

Tottenham are definitely going down the Arsenal road with how they go with this new stadium.

Nah, they have it easier because of TV money. They don't need to sell their big players.

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

DkG2_DjX4Acf3p3.jpg

Funnily enough, if football ended tomorrow, literally only 1 of them in that team would be going down as a true great and that's Ronaldo. Obviously by the time his career is over, Mbappe likely will as well, but the rest are just class players, rather than greats of the game.

Crazy money. What would a 25 year old Messi cost if he was sold today? Pele? Maradona? Cruijff? The Real Ronaldo? Puyol? Maldini? They would have to be worth close to a billion, surely?

3 hours ago, Devon Von Devon said:

@SirBalon @The Rebel CRS 

How good is this Martin Montoya ? Fulham could really use some additions in the defence.

He's a decent player mate, nothing special, but decent and can do a job. He could be a good signing for someone like Fulham  as he's not a bad player by any means. I always hoped he would have made it at Barcelona.

• Subscriber

I know I've already mentioned this earlier but I just want to review some of the best comments I've heard from all this Deadline Day shite in the background throughout the day.

Sam Allardyce - Everton have made some decent signings but they still need to sign a left back.

Andy Hinchcliffe - I'm sure Digne will be good cover for Coleman with his recent injury problems.

Paul Merson - Everton have ruined the transfer window by paying so much for Richarlison. (Probably my personal favourite)

Various - Everton have gone from having too many midfielders to too many wide players. (Walcott, Lookman, Richarlison, Bernard with Bolasie and Vlasic openly transfer listed)

Various - Oooh that's a lot of money though isn't it (on sub £30m transfer fee for Yerry Mina).

Various - Just because he played three good games at the World Cup doesn't mean he's worth that much money (on Yerry Mina).

Phil Thompson - Everton have paid that much for Yerry Mina based on one goal he scored at the World Cup against England.

Sam Allardyce - The problem with Everton is that they have a problem in not getting rid of enough of their players (I must have imagined us getting rid of Robles, Funes Mori, Williams, Rooney, Mirallas, Klaassen with Besic looking certain to follow and Martina, Vlasic and Bolasie still up for sale to foreign buyers, possibly Schneiderlin too who apparently has offers from France).

Charlie Nicholas - Everton fans don't know what they want and change their mind every 20 minutes about what type of football they want their team to play.

Followed by Sam Allardyce - some snickering and muttering about expecting Champions League football last season. (Bitter cunt)

Multiple reporters - if Everton get Mina and Bernard in does that mean they can finish above Liverpool this year? (Seriously?)

One of the utter cunts in response to this question - I'm sure their fans will think there's every chance now.

Just no Sky Sports. I know it's your job to lay the foundations now for your season long narrative of Silva coming under pressure because Everton fans expect to finish above Liverpool now we've signed a couple of Barcelona rejects. Anyone with two brain cells to rub together will remember that no sensible Everton fans said that at all and it was actually you yourselves who brought it up in your pants-wetting excitement of something actually happening on Deadline Day.

Sigh, and just to preempt anyone who feels like telling me I should stop getting "rattled" again, I'm not, I'm well within my rights to come on here and correct some of the absolute ill-informed shite that gets spewed about my club on national television. I mean seriously can Andy Hinchcliffe and Sam Allardyce not be expected to know that Lucas Digne is a left back not a right back if they're going to be asked to give "expert insight" into our transfer dealings this window?

That's just Everton as well. I dread to think how much factually incorrect and just plain retarded shite they've come out with related to the rest of the clubs they've spoken about today 😂

I'll have to set myself a reminder to not watch any of deadline day next year. The sooner Sky Sports gets buried by BT Sport and the other competitors that have relieved them of European football and La Liga the better. The whole Deadline Day spectacle is sickening and Sky as a company have done more harm than good for football in this country.

Aside from the coverage, I'm very happy with our business and I'm looking forward to Everton actually being able to do the talking and prove people wrong on the pitch. Not necessarily over the first few months of the season, or even the whole season, but in the long term. The ages of Richarlison (21), Digne (25), Bernard (25) and Mina (23) are a very clear statement of intent regarding Brands and Silva's plans for this squad over the next few transfer windows and they've got a lot more of it done than I expected in their first window.

17 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Funnily enough, if football ended tomorrow, literally only 1 of them in that team would be going down as a true great and that's Ronaldo. Obviously by the time his career is over, Mbappe likely will as well, but the rest are just class players, rather than greats of the game.

Crazy money. What would a 25 year old Messi cost if he was sold today? Pele? Maradona? Cruijff? The Real Ronaldo? Puyol? Maldini? They would have to be worth close to a billion, surely?

Neymar?

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Stan said:

@RandoEFC did you see Jim White's reaction when the fee for the Mina signing was revealed xD??

It was as if you'd paid £280m, not the reasonable £28.5m xD 

Yep got that on the list above.

Nothing more than I expect when bitter ex-manager Sam Allardyce and Phil Thompson the most shamelessly biased pundit in football are two of the first people asked to analyse our transfer business. Jim White needs to try and take the piss out of us when his rent a quote mate that we sacked two months ago is sat right there.

My favourite part of the day was how they didn't show Sam in the shot when they cut back to the studio after asking the ToffeeTV guys if Everton would finish above Liverpool now and they responded by saying well it would be nice to at least have a manager who will go out and try to beat Liverpool this season because we didn't have that last season. Awkward 😂.

5 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Fulham and Wolves have done some proper business this summer and I look forward to watching them this season. 

Could it arguably be detrimental though?

Both have signed a lot of new players between them which could break up the team's they had when promoted.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

I know I've already mentioned this earlier but I just want to review some of the best comments I've heard from all this Deadline Day shite in the background throughout the day.

Sam Allardyce - Everton have made some decent signings but they still need to sign a left back.

Andy Hinchcliffe - I'm sure Digne will be good cover for Coleman with his recent injury problems.

Paul Merson - Everton have ruined the transfer window by paying so much for Richarlison. (Probably my personal favourite)

Various - Everton have gone from having too many midfielders to too many wide players. (Walcott, Lookman, Richarlison, Bernard with Bolasie and Vlasic openly transfer listed)

Various - Oooh that's a lot of money though isn't it (on sub £30m transfer fee for Yerry Mina).

Various - Just because he played three good games at the World Cup doesn't mean he's worth that much money (on Yerry Mina).

Phil Thompson - Everton have paid that much for Yerry Mina based on one goal he scored at the World Cup against England.

Sam Allardyce - The problem with Everton is that they have a problem in not getting rid of enough of their players (I must have imagined us getting rid of Robles, Funes Mori, Williams, Rooney, Mirallas, Klaassen with Besic looking certain to follow and Martina, Vlasic and Bolasie still up for sale to foreign buyers, possibly Schneiderlin too who apparently has offers from France).

Charlie Nicholas - Everton fans don't know what they want and change their mind every 20 minutes about what type of football they want their team to play.

Followed by Sam Allardyce - some snickering and muttering about expecting Champions League football last season. (Bitter cunt)

Multiple reporters - if Everton get Mina and Bernard in does that mean they can finish above Liverpool this year? (Seriously?)

One of the utter cunts in response to this question - I'm sure their fans will think there's every chance now.

Just no Sky Sports. I know it's your job to lay the foundations now for your season long narrative of Silva coming under pressure because Everton fans expect to finish above Liverpool now we've signed a couple of Barcelona rejects. Anyone with two brain cells to rub together will remember that no sensible Everton fans said that at all and it was actually you yourselves who brought it up in your pants-wetting excitement of something actually happening on Deadline Day.

Sigh, and just to preempt anyone who feels like telling me I should stop getting "rattled" again, I'm not, I'm well within my rights to come on here and correct some of the absolute ill-informed shite that gets spewed about my club on national television. I mean seriously can Andy Hinchcliffe and Sam Allardyce not be expected to know that Lucas Digne is a left back not a right back if they're going to be asked to give "expert insight" into our transfer dealings this window?

That's just Everton as well. I dread to think how much factually incorrect and just plain retarded shite they've come out with related to the rest of the clubs they've spoken about today 😂

I'll have to set myself a reminder to not watch any of deadline day next year. The sooner Sky Sports gets buried by BT Sport and the other competitors that have relieved them of European football and La Liga the better. The whole Deadline Day spectacle is sickening and Sky as a company have done more harm than good for football in this country.

Aside from the coverage, I'm very happy with our business and I'm looking forward to Everton actually being able to do the talking and prove people wrong on the pitch. Not necessarily over the first few months of the season, or even the whole season, but in the long term. The ages of Richarlison (21), Digne (25), Bernard (25) and Mina (23) are a very clear statement of intent regarding Brands and Silva's plans for this squad over the next few transfer windows and they've got a lot more of it done than I expected in their first window.

Don't get me started. I'm absolutely fed up of this notion that because we're not in the top six, we have this obligation to sell our best players to them for less than what we value them at. Jim White this week was giving the old "they should let Maguire go to Man Utd" and quite literally a day after was saying "Pogba to leave Man Utd? Is it time clubs started standing up to player power?"

It's disgraceful and shame on the idiots who buy into this way of thinking. They have the gall to try and claim the league's the most competitive in the world yet want to actively kill off the competition.

Deadline day is just one big self-fulfilling prophecy.

So we’ve loaned Fosu-Mensah after spending an eternity trying to sign a defender because apparently the ‘senior members’ aren’t good enough.

Seriously, Jose and Ed. Do United fans a massive favour by dousing yourselves in petrol and heading for the nearest open flame. Stupid fucking cunts.

• Subscriber
35 minutes ago, Dan said:

Don't get me started. I'm absolutely fed up of this notion that because we're not in the top six, we have this obligation to sell our best players to them for less than what we value them at. Jim White this week was giving the old "they should let Maguire go to Man Utd" and quite literally a day after was saying "Pogba to leave Man Utd? Is it time clubs started standing up to player power?"

It's disgraceful and shame on the idiots who buy into this way of thinking. They have the gall to try and claim the league's the most competitive in the world yet want to actively kill off the competition.

Deadline day is just one big self-fulfilling prophecy.

Yeah the worst part is I don't think they even realise they're doing it.

Like @DeadLinesman pointed out, their gut reaction to Everton spending 30m on a defender is "wait that's a bit too much for them" but if United paid 30m for Yerry Mina they'd be nodding in approval and yelling from the rooftops that United have got their man and what a smart piece of business.

Like I said I hope they eventually get buried by BT Sport and whoever else can outbid them for rights to Premier League football. Have you watched any of their Premier League Years shows recently? They're more interested in talking about what innovations Sky Sports introduced to their ground-breaking coverage in 2006-2007 and replaying all of their shitty and cringey montages from previous years which triple the length of the programme from the 30-40 minutes of actual highlights and interviews from that season.

Their F1 coverage is actually top class so it's a shame they're so shit at football.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Yeah the worst part is I don't think they even realise they're doing it.

Like @DeadLinesman pointed out, their gut reaction to Everton spending 30m on a defender is "wait that's a bit too much for them" but if United paid 30m for Yerry Mina they'd be nodding in approval and yelling from the rooftops that United have got their man and what a smart piece of business.

Like I said I hope they eventually get buried by BT Sport and whoever else can outbid them for rights to Premier League football. Have you watched any of their Premier League Years shows recently? They're more interested in talking about what innovations Sky Sports introduced to their ground-breaking coverage in 2006-2007 and replaying all of their shitty and cringey montages from previous years which triple the length of the programme from the 30-40 minutes of actual highlights and interviews from that season.

Their F1 coverage is actually top class so it's a shame they're so shit at football.

They do golf and cricket brilliantly as well - it’s football that lets them down

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived