talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Deadline Day Bonanza 2018/19

football forum

5 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Could it arguably be detrimental though?

Both have signed a lot of new players between them which could break up the team's they had when promoted.

It definitely doesn't always work. Have seen it backfire previously. 

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Danny said:

Loan window is still open and clubs will use it to get around the transfer window

It's shut for Premier League clubs. Southampton, for example, had to fight to get the Ings deal done in time, and that's technically a loan deal until next summer. Same with Everton and Zouma

4 hours ago, Storts said:

They do golf and cricket brilliantly as well - it’s football that lets them down

That new bloke they've got on the cricket, Charles Dagnall, is a complete gimp

• Administrator
5 hours ago, Burning Gold said:

It's shut for Premier League clubs. Southampton, for example, had to fight to get the Ings deal done in time, and that's technically a loan deal until next summer. Same with Everton and Zouma

That new bloke they've got on the cricket, Charles Dagnall, is a complete gimp

he's not new xD. Been around cricket for years. Not sure why he's a gimp though...?!

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Just found out that's the first summer transfer window in 15 years that Spurs have failed to bring a player in... 

first time in 15 years that any club in the Premier League has failed to add to their squad.

4 hours ago, Stan said:

he's not new xD. Been around cricket for years. Not sure why he's a gimp though...?!

New to Sky Sports isn't he?

Talks out of his arse about absolute nonsense, gets players wrong, makes serially unfunny 'jokes'. Basically the Mark Lawrenson of cricket

• Administrator
Just now, Burning Gold said:

New to Sky Sports isn't he?

Talks out of his arse about absolute nonsense, gets players wrong, makes serially unfunny 'jokes'. Basically the Mark Lawrenson of cricket

supports Burnley as well :ph34r: 

I think I'm just used to his voice more as he commentated for Radio Leicester. so i've got used to all the jokes and way he talks. 

But come on, no-one is bad as Lawro!

• Subscriber

This is mega tinfoil hat territory but given how long people knew about our three incomings yesterday and the timing of the announcements coming right at the death I do wonder whether Moshiri had a hand in that timing to do his apparent friend a favour and make his big deadline day show more exciting.

2 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

This is mega tinfoil hat territory but given how long people knew about our three incomings yesterday and the timing of the announcements coming right at the death I do wonder whether Moshiri had a hand in that timing to do his apparent friend a favour and make his big deadline day show more exciting.

I sort of half-jokingly said that to a lad in work yesterday. Makes you wonder though!

5 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

o.O

Read this thread.

I didn't realise they hadn't signed anyone until i read it a minute ago. Just posted that comment. Haven't actually read the thread 

On 09/08/2018 at 17:23, 6666 said:

Nah, they have it easier because of TV money. They don't need to sell their big players.

Also the inflation of football money has gone up higher than general inflation so building a new stadium doesn't cost so much in terms of  percentage of what money they have available to them.  Interesting that people are blaiming the spurs bourd but with us most blaimed Wenger completely. Not everyone though. 

Best up and coming full back has been missed by the PL.  My young Guy Kehrer seems to be part of the usual annual self-destruct clearout at Gelsenkirchen and is on his way to PSG.  Someone lost out there! Max will be brilliant at Palace!

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived