talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Ben Brereton Signs for Blackburn Rovers

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

19 year old Ben Brereton is heavily linked with joining Blackburn on loan from Forest with a view for them to buy outright in January for SIX MILLION POUNDS. For a young kid who has had a season and a half at a painfully mediocre Championship side - this is the kind of nonsense we're supposedly competing with 🤔 (what with our total summer outlay equalling 1/30th of that sum)

Poor Rovers and their horrible tight owners eh? My heart bleeds for them.

Given his performances in big games at such a young age in The Championship over the last eighteen months, his reputation within the England set up, and price inflation. Is a loan with a view to buy at six million really unreasonable if he can show his worth during the loan spell?

I think Blackburn deserve credit for this type of ambition. He should be looking at a Premier League club.

2 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Given his performances in big games at such a young age in The Championship over the last eighteen months, his reputation within the England set up, and price inflation. Is a loan with a view to buy at six million really unreasonable if he can show his wirthbdurung the loan spell?

I think Blackburn deserve credit for this type of ambition. He should be looking at a Premier League club.

Can't knock the ambition - £6m for Brereton represents better value than the same for Gary Madine 😂

Just puzzled where it's coming from - I thought the chicken farmers were the worst owners in the sport...(?)

That is a lot of money to pay for someone not deemed good enough for Forest's matchday squad, let alone first eleven.

We're not talking a Middlesbrough, West Brom, Swansea or Stoke here...but mid table Notts Forest.

Can't say I'm convinced given we signed Bamford for 7m but you never know.

19 hours ago, Lucas said:

That is a lot of money to pay for someone not deemed good enough for Forest's matchday squad, let alone first eleven.

We're not talking a Middlesbrough, West Brom, Swansea or Stoke here...but mid table Notts Forest.

Can't say I'm convinced given we signed Bamford for 7m but you never know.

He showed plenty of promise before Karanka's arrival who is not exactly known for his high pressing free flowing football.

Brereton, Dack, Palmer, Graham and Armstrong in attack :17_heart_eyes:

Fair play to the owners supporting Mowbray with this transfer - it sounds like their business has made good profits recently and they have put it straight into the club. Really pleased with the type of player we are signing and the squad has a great balance now.

Archived