talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Marcos Rojo - To Fenerbahçe on Loan?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Zouma isn't confirmed yet. Rojo for £22m is better than the £33m touted the other day, but he still won't be part of our long term plans and I'm sure we'll be looking at a younger model to replace him before long, so I'd rather take Zouma on loan as the one year stop gap instead.

5 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Zouma isn't confirmed yet. Rojo for £22m is better than the £33m touted the other day, but he still won't be part of our long term plans and I'm sure we'll be looking at a younger model to replace him before long, so I'd rather take Zouma on loan as the one year stop gap instead.

I really don't think Rojo is a good signing for any Premier League team looking to break into the European spots in my opinion.  Indeed he is high energy, you won't doubt him on that front, but he is messy and he isn't top quality.

29 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I really don't think Rojo is a good signing for any Premier League team looking to break into the European spots in my opinion.  Indeed he is high energy, you won't doubt him on that front, but he is messy and he isn't top quality.

Basically Ramos without the talent.

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked
  • 10 months later...
1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

Need a body in there.

Rojo though?

Youd be better playing there yourself mate. He is absolutely dogshit. 

Bid rejected for Smalling as well?

Why is it Everton always go for Utd rejects? How are you supposed to catch and overtake them if you constantly take their worst players?

• Subscriber
48 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Rojo though?

Youd be better playing there yourself mate. He is absolutely dogshit. 

I don't rate him, it's not ideal but he won't be first choice. Keane and Mina will start, and Holgate is still part of Silva's plans as far as I know. It's literally just a body for a season, Zouma hasn't come off for us, I would rather have had Smalling than Rojo, but it's better than going into the season with three centre backs.

• Subscriber

We've been properly fucked here by the timing of the David Luiz thing. I believe we had a backup deal with Chelsea to loan Tomori if we couldn't convince them to part with Zouma but now they need to keep both at the club.

24 hours to go for an alternative has left us short of options. Personally I'd have preferred us to leave it until January and give Lewis Gibson the chance to be 4th choice centre half behind Keane, Mina and Holgate.

A loan here I wouldn't have minded but splashing £25m on Rojo does seem to be a bit of a panic buy. 29 years old as well and seems to play like Funes Mori. A bit annoying as the rest of the business we've done this summer has all in all been very smart.

7 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Need a body in there.

I feel like giving your most promising kid/reservist at the position is a better option than wasting money on Rojo if you just need a body. The kid will at least be giving his all, Rojo's shit and won't give a fuck that he's shit.

It's good for you that this has fallen through.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I feel like giving your most promising kid/reservist at the position is a better option than wasting money on Rojo if you just need a body. The kid will at least be giving his all, Rojo's shit and won't give a fuck that he's shit.

It's good for you that this has fallen through.

Agreed, Twitter also reminded me today that Gbamin has spent plenty of time at centre half for Mainz as well as defensive midfield, so we have the option of playing him there with Gomes and Delph/Schneiderlin/Davies in midfield.

• 2 weeks later...
  • The topic was locked

Archived