talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Marcos Rojo - To Fenerbahçe on Loan?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

The Glazers are pricks if the Rojo bit is true, Everton as direct rivals but Woody Woodpecker and the mob let the likes of Kanchelskis, Blomquist, Phil Neville, Tim Howard, Louis Saha, Darren Gibson, Tom Cleverley head off to Toffee land and they even let Rooney go back for £25.6 million. :dash3:

Everton are definitely rivals for not getting into the 'Champions' League but that only makes more sense in selling them a player who has  no ability and absolutely zero character (which seems to be something our recruitment department, assuming we actually have one, deems necessary when spunking the fans' money on absolutely shit people with zero ability on a football pitch).

I'd honestly rather play David May and I mean 2019 David May

• Subscriber
20 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

The Glazers are pricks if the Rojo bit is true, Everton as direct rivals but Woody Woodpecker and the mob let the likes of Kanchelskis, Blomquist, Phil Neville, Tim Howard, Louis Saha, Darren Gibson, Tom Cleverley head off to Toffee land and they even let Rooney go back for £25.6 million. :dash3:

Neville, Howard and Saha were the only ones of those that were decent and only Howard would arguably have got regular game time for you lot among them.

What I find baffling is how both of our clubs rate Rojo highly enough to think it could make Everton a bigger threat to United.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Neville, Howard and Saha were the only ones of those that were decent

Agree with that, it's a pity with Saha though, injury stopped him really making a go of it at United and Fergie just moved him on but I loved Kanchelskis, him and Peter Schmeichel had a telepathic understanding together, Schmick's would have the ball, look up and see Kanchelskis making a run and would just throw the ball right in front of him and more often than not the little winger would score, he also played for my Glasgow Rangers here in Scotland.   

28 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Neville, Howard and Saha were the only ones of those that were decent and only Howard would arguably have got regular game time for you lot among them.

What I find baffling is how both of our clubs rate Rojo highly enough to think it could make Everton a bigger threat to United.

Kanchelskis not decent? He was quality at Everton, can vaguely remember his brace at Anfield. Only stayed two seasons but he was a brilliant player I thought. Everton were pretty garbage at the time, despite their cup win.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

Agree with that, it's a pity with Saha though, injury stopped him really making a go of it at United and Fergie just moved him on but I loved Kanchelskis, him and Peter Schmeichel had a telepathic understanding together, Schmick's would have the ball, look up and see Kanchelskis making a run and would just throw the ball right in front of him and more often than not the little winger would score, he also played for my Glasgow Rangers here in Scotland.   

Saha was indeed quality when he was fit. Ironically the last half season he had with us was the longest he stayed fit but he was incredibly goal shy.

1 hour ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Kanchelskis not decent? He was quality at Everton, can vaguely remember his brace at Anfield. Only stayed two seasons but he was a brilliant player I thought. Everton were pretty garbage at the time, despite their cup win.

Yeah he was to be fair though I was 3-4 years old at the time so a bit before my time. He's fondly remembered.

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Yeah he was to be fair though I was 3-4 years old at the time so a bit before my time. He's fondly remembered.

As I said the wee man played for my team here in Scotland, Rangers and he got suspended and fined by the SPFL for this bit of showboating during a match lol.

Quote.thumb.png.5b2608b9e8bd89895bec6171192f107b.png

There are certain moments in everyone’s lives which, when reflected upon several years later, still have the capacity to make that individual cringe.

When Ayr United hosted Rangers in the fifth round of the Scottish Cup on Sunday Gordon Dalziel will receive a jarring reminder of a moment he would rather forget, even if he can just about laugh at it now.

As a teenager, he was part of the Rangers side which won the League Cup in 1981, providing John Greig with his fourth and final trophy as their manager.

However, it was when he faced his first senior club as manager of Ayr that an excruciating combination of tragedy and farce left him feeling foolish and not a little hypocritical.

Dick Advocaat’s Rangers had dismantled their First Division opponents in the semi-final of the Scottish Cup in April 2000 and the 7-0 scoreline did not flatter them.

However, it was an ostentatious flourish from Rangers’ flamboyant Russian winger Andrei Kanchelskis which particularly infuriated Dalziel.

Midway through the second period, with Rangers leading 3-0, Kanchelskis played to the gallery, standing on the ball, saluting and then playing a one-two with Claudio Reyna before setting up Billy Dodds for Rangers’ fourth goal.

“That will stick in my mind for a long, long time,” said Dalziel. “Part of me wanted to applaud him and say what a magnificent piece of skill it was – and I don’t think he was being disrespectful

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/ayr-united/gordon-dalziel-haunted-by-andrei-kanchelskis-showboating-1-4685600

• 3 weeks later...
  • The topic was locked

Archived