talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Leonardo Ulloa - Moving to Mexico!

football forum

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some claiming he didn't "make it" in the PL, but I thought he was alright in his first season at Leicester (this was when I follow the PL folks). I think he'll do alright in Mexico, but he still doesn't match up with some of the best forwards.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Blue said:

Some claiming he didn't "make it" in the PL, but I thought he was alright in his first season at Leicester (this was when I follow the PL folks). I think he'll do alright in Mexico, but he still doesn't match up with some of the best forwards.

Yeah he had more of an impact in his first season with us than he did in his second season. Having said that, he scored a couple of vital goals for us in that title-winning season (1-0 vs Norwich, last minute penalty 2-2 vs West Ham to name a couple).

He just didn't have the technical aspect to be able to stick it in the Premier League. He was good aerially - scored quite a few headers in both seasons - and that was probably his best trait. He was more a sub player in the 15/16 season as opposed to being a starter more so in the first season.

But either way, forever grateful for his contribution in each season. His relationship with the club got a bit sour when he 'vowed' never to play for the club again if he wasn't sold in January 2017, then for some reason was offered a new deal and suddenly he was happy as larry. 

There's no room for him at the club any more so I don't envy him moving to Mexico and finding another club. 

• Subscriber

Ulloa wasn't a failure at all. Nowhere near a top forward but he was never really meant to be. He was our top scorer in our first year up and scored some absolutely crucial goals in the title winning season, whilst only really being a sub at that time.

He was screwed over by the Slimani signing. He was told by Ranieri he was in his plans that year and we decided to go and sign Slimani right at the death, effectively freezing him out.

It's a shame what's happened with him really since then. That stupid outburst on Twitter put a few people off him but in fairness he had every right to be frustrated. His situation, unfortunately, kind of summed up where it went wrong under Ranieri.

I can't believe he hasn't scored for us since Stoke away in December 2016. That's ages really.

For me personally he'll be remembered for a lot more good than bad. Right decision to move him on now but he's been good really. He gave everything he could.

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked

Archived