talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Napoli Pull Season Ticket Sales

Little bit embarrassing for them. When people talk about the stadium issues holding back Italian football, it's an accumulation of things like this. Not owning the stadium, leading to other people controlling the stadium and thus Napoli not knowing what is happening day-to-day at the stadium.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've lost count of the amount of games I've attended at the San Paolo and all I can say is that their fans deserve more.  Why even spend one single cent on fixing up that horrible old dinosaur of a stadium?  It's disgusting inside and out and an embarrassment for a wonderful city that is Naples. Neapolitans themselves are embarrassed to take anyone there or show them the surroundings of what looks like something out of a dark grey Blade Runner scene.  The problem is that if you want to go to Posillipo which has some beautiful views of the city (aside from my favourite part of the city which is Il Vomero) and an area where the richer demographic live, you have to pass the area where the San Paolo is situated... All I can say is that Fuorigrotta (where the San Paolo is situated) has nothing on the disaster that is Scampia.

6 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I've lost count of the amount of games I've attended at the San Paolo and all I can say is that their fans deserve more.  Why even spend one single cent on fixing up that horrible old dinosaur of a stadium?  It's disgusting inside and out and an embarrassment for a wonderful city that is Naples. Neapolitans themselves are embarrassed to take anyone there or show them the surroundings of what looks like something out of a dark grey Blade Runner scene.  The problem is that if you want to go to Posillipo which has some beautiful views of the city (aside from my favourite part of the city which is Il Vomero) and an area where the richer demographic live, you have to pass the area where the San Paolo is situated... All I can say is that Fuorigrotta (where the San Paolo is situated) has nothing on the disaster that is Scampia.

Problem is, both the club and the city just seem to blame each other and not much ever seems to get done.  The ideal scenario would be that Napoli could buy the stadium and follow the Real Sociedad's model and redeveloping a bowl stadium into a modern stadium. But it's Italy, and there seems to be endless red tape to get anything done.

26 minutes ago, ScoRoss said:

Problem is, both the club and the city just seem to blame each other and not much ever seems to get done.  The ideal scenario would be that Napoli could buy the stadium and follow the Real Sociedad's model and redeveloping a bowl stadium into a modern stadium. But it's Italy, and there seems to be endless red tape to get anything done.

The issues surrounding clubs versus city councils exists in most places in Europe with another example of a constant war being Celta Vigo and the Vigo city council... Also, the issue surrounding red tape is also exhausting in Spain.  The fix is as you say where the club buys the stadium and with that they have more autonomy to do what they want with the only battle to win is making sure you adhere to the local rules regarding planning permission.

SSC Napoli have various problems regarding any remodelling of their stadium due to the mass bypasses they have close by... Whoever allowed all of this to occur at the time of development was obviously in some serious hard drugs.  In my opinion they should abandon the stadium, buy land and build a new one like Juve did, a stadium that befits the extremely passionate support that the Neapolitans are dying to offer every two weeks.

Archived