• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Favourite Caucasian Groups

football forum

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Isn't it only the Americans who still call white people "Caucasian"?

For me, and I'm pretty sure for the most part of the normal world, Caucasian means people from the Caucasus... 

11 minutes ago, nudge said:

For me, and I'm pretty sure for the most part of the normal world, Caucasian means people from the Caucasus... 

Well I must not be from your normal world. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Toinho said:

Well I must not be from your normal world. 

Yeah, I should probably have put it better, haha, but the term is seriously retarded. You use it in Australia, too? Guess it's a thing in the English speaking world.

22 minutes ago, nudge said:

Yeah, I should probably have put it better, haha, but the term is seriously retarded. You use it in Australia, too? Guess it's a thing in the English speaking world.

I am not a fan of the term. I’ve definitely seen it used here. Less and less though. 

2 hours ago, nudge said:

We use it too, thought all people did. :o Wonder why did it spread so far and it's still widely used in quite a few parts of the world since the meaning is so off given people from the Caucasus are not particularly white neither?

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Berserker said:

We use it too, thought all people did. :o Wonder why did it spread so far and it's still widely used in quite a few parts of the world since the meaning is so off given people from the Caucasus are not particularly white neither?

It spread because of "scientific" racism theories which claimed that the purest, most beautiful form of the white race originated from the Caucasus Mountain in modern Georgia. 

Archived