talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Swansea City's Transfer Dealings

Federico Fernandez, Jordan Ayew, Jordi Amat and Sam Clucas all left on Deadline Day, bringing the total number of departures this summer to 12.

They have signed five new players.

They have only spent in the region of £8m on new additions, despite bringing in more than £46m in transfer fees from outgoing players.

Have they really done enough to help Graham Potter this season? What do you expect from them?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
16 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Honestly expect them to flirt with relegation. Anyone who thinks that the Championship is an easy league is deluded and complacency is usually punished (just look at Sunderland). 

I don't think they will drop but wouldn't be surprised to see them 17th/18th.

Sunderland had their own off the field shit to deal with as well so I don't think that was to do with complacency. 

Having actually been in the league though, to state the obvious if you don't get out at the first time of asking (in the right direction), the longer you're there the harder it is to get out. 

Look at clubs like Leeds, Ipswich and Forest, and even Coventry who dropped further - they've been in the Championship or worse for over 10 years and haven't climbed back up. The status of the club goes down the longer you're there and other better clubs get relegated making it even more competitive. 

I wouldn't mind Stoke staying down there though. Swansea I think will be fine in top half, perhaps a bit of a struggle but I don't think they'll go down again. 

6 hours ago, Dan said:

They won't be close to relegation. I reckon play-offs. Potter is a fascinating manager and I hope he does well.

Well he couldn't have asked for a better start really.

I hope he does well and it begins a transition of coaches with ambitions to manage going abroad. They have no chance of long term development over here.

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Well he couldn't have asked for a better start really.

I hope he does well and it begins a transition of coaches with ambitions to manage going abroad. They have no chance of long term development over here.

I see Ostersunds have replaced him with Ian Burchnall who is a coach from Leicester, cut from a similar cloth I think, he's started making a bit of a career for himself out in Scandinavia and I wonder if he'll end up managing us one day.

• 6 months later...
On 16/02/2019 at 19:34, Smiley Culture said:

Can sum that up quite easily and in fewer words; don’t sell your club to a bunch of cowboys with no footballing knowledge. 

Pretty much this really. 

Considering the shit we got from them when we last met five seasons ago, I have little sympathy. 

Archived