talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How can Loftus Road be unsustainable? It holds about 18,000 and there was talk they wanted to leave there and build a vastly oversized ground. 

Loftus Road isn’t that bad either. It’s hardly falling apart or that old, so I don’t imagine it’s an upkeep cost, unless land that close to Westfield and Chelsea is at a bigger premium than imagineable. 

They’ve been run abysmally for the best part of ten years. From the Italians who were shown up for the clowns they were on that documentary to Tony Fernandes and his overspending on ageing mercenaries and the FFP nonsense that took the shine off their promotion, they’ve been a woefully run club for years, so yeah, they probably will go down. 

Out of touch with Rangers fans so not sure what this is about, but Fernandes has run them abysmally and has pushed for a new stadium ever since he took over.

Itll be good for QPR to see the back of him, but then who takes over? I'd tip them to go down personally.

As far as Loftus Road goes, it maybe a small stadium but it is a class stadium. On top of the pitch, can create a good atmosphere. You don't need a big stadium to succeed, once you get out of the Championship the money sorts itself out.

2 hours ago, Danny said:

Out of touch with Rangers fans so not sure what this is about, but Fernandes has run them abysmally and has pushed for a new stadium ever since he took over.

Itll be good for QPR to see the back of him, but then who takes over? I'd tip them to go down personally.

As far as Loftus Road goes, it maybe a small stadium but it is a class stadium. On top of the pitch, can create a good atmosphere. You don't need a big stadium to succeed, once you get out of the Championship the money sorts itself out.

Loftus Road is one of my favourite grounds. Been a fair few times over the years and the atmosphere that can be generated is very good. Always liked its intimacy and how you can pretty much reach out on the front row and touch a player. Once watched Australia v New Zealand play Rugby League there, was crazy how loud the collisions were. 

• Administrator
On 10/08/2018 at 18:07, The Palace Fan said:

- Only made four signings.

- Told their fans that Loftus Road has become unsustainable.

- Tony Fernandes is looking to leave the club.

Is the year they go down?

It’s a shit show 

On 10/08/2018 at 18:07, The Palace Fan said:

- Only made four signings.

- Told their fans that Loftus Road has become unsustainable.

- Tony Fernandes is looking to leave the club.

Is the year they go down?

You seem to have missed off - managed by Steve McClaren from that list

2 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

You seem to have missed off - managed by Steve McClaren from that list

On a serious note the way Ian Holloway was treated was very unfair. He would have done absolutely anything for that club, he figured out his best eleven, bought through some local talent, restored the clubs identity and then they sacked him. I imagine Schteve is on a much higher wage and had different expectations when he arrived too.

4 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

On a serious note the way Ian Holloway was treated was very unfair. He would have done absolutely anything for that club, he figured out his best eleven, bought through some local talent, restored the clubs identity and then they sacked him. I imagine Schteve is on a much higher wage and had different expectations when he arrived too.

I don't think that is fair at all mate to be honest... I was being serious :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Tony Fernandes has stepped down as QPR chairman with Amit Bhatia taking over immediately.

Fernandes and co-chairman Ruben Gnanalingam are vacating their positions to allow Bhatia to move up from his role as vice-chairman.

It means Fernandes takes a big step back while remaining as a co-owner, with Gnanalingam becoming the new vice-chairman.

Last month, QPR agreed a £42m settlement for breaching Financial Fair Play rules.

The club were also fined £17m and accepted a transfer ban for the January 2019 window, while paying a further £3m in legal costs.

Fernandes told the club's official website: "It's a good time for a change as the club is now in a stable position and this will give the new chairman a good foundation to build upon.

• Administrator
28 minutes ago, ScoRoss said:

Beaten 7-1 yesterday at West Brom, to make it three defeats to start the season. Is it too early to think they are certain for relegation?

As it stands, getting relegated and potentially going out of business 

• Subscriber

Do feel sorry for the fans in this. They're a perfect example of a club spending completely beyond their means to chase a dream that wasn't really achievable. They went the complete wrong way about it every time they were promoted.

I likewise couldn't believe they sacked Holloway. I don't get the Steve McClaren fuss at all.

Archived