talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

2018/19 Football League > 17-19th August

football forum

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same team I expect today which means we should line up in Bielsa's 4-1-4-1 as follows...

----------------------Peacock-Farrell

Ayling--------Berardi------Cooper----------Douglas

---------------------------Phillips

Hernandez------Saiz-------Klich-------Alioski

---------------------------Roofe

Given Stoke and Derby have lined up against us quite openly, I would assume Paul Warne will try and make Rotherham quite compact, much like Phil Parkinson tried in the League Cup game in the week, and try and close down the space in midfield.

As I said earlier in the week, this has all the ingredients of a classic Championship result, where you don't win the games you look nailed on to win. Especially given all the high praise we've received, this would be textbook Leeds.

I think the opening two games have been helped by the fact we've scored inside the first 20mins, and again I think if we get off to a good start, that could be key.

Obviously will be massively disappointed not to get anything other than 3pts from this game but I'm not naïve enough to know what this league is like.

I will also happily take the three points. 

I knew today would be one of those days. Really gripes with me the arrogance of some of your own fanbase sometimes, especially ours this week who saw a game like this and thought it'd be 4 or 5-0 job. They should know better as far as Leeds are concerned.

Sticky first half for us where we gave Rotherham two golden chances to score and they missed. I think scoring early in the second half was key because it helped settle down the nerves, got the crowd going and gave us more space to play in the centre because Rotherham had to come out and play.

Beautifully worked second goal played out from back to front with a great finish from Roofe. 

We deserved the victory but it wasn't vintage in the slightest. I think it was good for us to get a game that required patience and someone who sit's back. Reality check for some who get too carried away.

Full house, three points, clean sheet. That will do for me. Happy days.

31% possession, next to no clearcut chances, and yet... another three points. Delighted. Taken from a Reading forum:

Bolton took their chance, were cynical & organised & we had no answer."

Perfect. Absolutely perfect. We won't batter anyone with delightful possession  football this thisson, but I'm certain we'll frustrate plenty. I'm beside myself - 7 from 9! 

Also, eyes peeled for Noone's ball through to Wildschut on the highlights tonight, properly lovely L1+triangle FIFA goal. 

Massive result for Rovers. First win of the season, but still undefeated on 5 points and only 2 points away from play off spots and third place. It's been a strong start to the season and good to see Dack showing it at a higher level as some questioned if he could. On the otherhand though, Hull aren't looking in very good shape at all this season and there will certainly be more difficult opponents than them ahead.

I think the mid-week hammering against Carlisle also helped build momentum going into this one.

2 massive games coming up mid-week and next weekend against Reading and Brentford respectively. 2 wins there and you couldn't ask for a better first 5 games in my opinion. It could also set up for an interesting season.

Really pleased we got our first win of the season and keep the momentum from last season with yet another game unbeaten. We look to have carried on our form from last season and look a really tough team to beat. The team spirit and togetherness in this squad and the relationship with the fans is fantastic. Hull looked very poor and are in for a tough season.

Bradley Dack is on fire! :17_heart_eyes:

More of the same from Bruce, a great team of individuals but nothing like a team. 

3 seasons in still no cohesive style of play or structure. Absolutely no plan B and defensive against shite sides. I expect to get turned over again via Brentford because they are exactly what we need. 

Same again from Villa this year, the only saving grace is 4 loses on the spin he’ll get the boot now. 

• The title was changed to 2018/19 Football League > Matchday 3 - 17-19th August
  • The topic was unpinned

Billy Sharp with a last minute winner for us yesterday. Happy for him, thought he'd have a fringe role this season but with the shocking displays shown by our other forwards, he stands a chance at regaining  his first team place.

Ollie Watkins and Neal Maupay with 6 goals between them from our opening three games, noiiice.

Happy for our first clean sheet of the season, 2 goals conceded so far. This time last season we'd conceded 7. This is going to be a very good season.

27 minutes ago, Danny said:

Ollie Watkins and Neal Maupay with 6 goals between them from our opening three games, noiiice.

Happy for our first clean sheet of the season, 2 goals conceded so far. This time last season we'd conceded 7. This is going to be a very good season.

Impressed with Watkins. I can see why Dougie has highlighted him as a Zaha understudy. Quick, skillfull, finishing product. His play is made for us.

6 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Impressed with Watkins. I can see why Dougie has highlighted him as a Zaha understudy. Quick, skillfull, finishing product. His play is made for us.

He has great technique, definitely watched a lot of Ronaldo growing up as you ca sort of see he mimics his running styles a bit.

• The title was changed to 2018/19 Football League > 17-19th August

Archived