talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

2018/19 Football League > 17-19th August

football forum

• Subscriber

Love Bradley Dack! I'd be gutted if he left, we need to gradually keep adding to the team like we have this summer and build our team around him.

Brilliant result and a good away win. I felt as though we dominated and deserved the win.

Not getting ahead of myself though.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Harvey Barnes continues getting rave reviews from West Brom fans. I'd love to see him step up here. Problem is we've just signed a very good player in his position.

I see Brentford are still going up then.

My thoughts:

- Birmingham City should take a lot of credit halting an in form Swansea City given how bad there defending has been at times.

- Whilst I agree with Tony Pulis that Middlesbrough do need more quality if they're to have promotion ambitions. There's no doubt in my mind they're in for a good season if they keep him happy.

- 3 points at away games at Hull City could be the difference between a top half finish and looking over your shoulder at the botton three. Blackburn Rovers fans should be delighted.

- I wonder what Ipswich Town fans are thinking given how they wanted Paul Hirst and they look significantly worse than last season.

- I think everybody expected Leeds United to beat Rotherham United other than Lucas.

- Frank Lampard must have been dreading an away day at Millwall so early in his career. I do like his press conferances after. I hope his players eventually deliver for him.

- I know it's early days but given their form at the end of last season, i cant see Clement lasting a whole season at Reading. No luck, no final quality, no confidence to finish team, but Bolton Wanderers should be very happy with their start.

- I'm glad to see Sheffield United have pulled their finger out against Norwich City even if it took a very late goal. Hopefully thats the confidence boost they beed.

- Queen's Park Rangers were an absolute disgrace and should refund all fans that travelled to this.

- Wigan Athletic have really taken to this division well. They look a lot better than two years ago. I'm confident they'll improve more defensively as the season progresses.

- Preston North End and Stoke City was your typically difficult hard thought Championship game. Stoke I'm sure will be more prepared for these games as the season goes on.

• The title was changed to 2018/19 Football League > 17-19th August

Archived