talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Micah Richards Released by Aston Villa

football forum

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure what caused him to go off the boil because whilst he wasn't the most technically gifted defender, his physicality got him out of a lot of trouble. He should have been playing top flight football for a lot longer than he did.

The lad still has 4/5 good years in him. Worth a punt for someone if he plays ball with wages. He's the one that has to prove his worth now and how much he wants it.

Actually think he'd be a good shout for someone like a Bolton.

On 14/08/2018 at 09:20, Lucas said:

The lad still has 4/5 good years in him. Worth a punt for someone if he plays ball with wages. He's the one that has to prove his worth now and how much he wants it.

Actually think he'd be a good shout for someone like a Bolton.

😂 He would expect way more than we could afford.

I wouldn't touch him anyway, something has clearly gone very wrong with his attitude/fitness (both?) for his career to nosedive as it has. I'm quite happy with Piszczek's understudy at right back in any case!

On 14/08/2018 at 06:24, Dr. Gonzo said:

Villa have just released Micah Richards... that's a name I hadn't heard in a while. I remember when he was supposed to be the next big thing in defending. How things change...

The supposed next big thing at a time he had some big names to follow on from. That's not great pressure to be under...

I was reading that he was tied to them until 2019 or something like that picking up 35K a week and not playing so they are getting him off the books.. 

* Not played for 665 days and picked up 3.3Mill in wages... funny how we never heard him kicking off at any point about his lack of playing time.. Some people just love to ride that gravy train

• 7 months later...
On 13/08/2018 at 13:24, Dr. Gonzo said:

Villa have just released Micah Richards... that's a name I hadn't heard in a while. I remember when he was supposed to be the next big thing in defending. How things change...

He's one of the highest paid players but have poor attitude.

Archived