talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

James Wilson Joins Aberdeen

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didnt think much of him when he appeared on Chelseatv lining up for United with a reputation of being their best prospect. He had a bit of pace, not much more and I guess like a lot of youth players all over the country he is playing out his contact with loans.

Who knows, maybe Scotland is his level to shine.

Wilson had a lot of pace but little else.   He ruptured his cruciate ligament two years ago and lost some of that pace.  Unfortunately he's not good to play for United, he looked good in the youth set up, but never progressed from there.  This gives him an opportunity to put himself in the shop window, hopefully he does enough at Aberdeen to get himself a new contract somewhere.

10 minutes ago, ScoRoss said:

£30k a week for a youth team player? That's beyond stupidity.

I agree with you, but alas, my own club are guilty of too many inflated 5 year contracts for young players who excel in their own age group.

You often find, if a club are desperate to find somewhere for one of their high contracted players, they will pay a percentage of his contract to make the loan happen. Wilson maybe such a case because I seem to remember complaints about your former player Rooney signing for Salford for just 6,000 a week. If Aberdeen are complaining about that, they sure are not paying Wilson 30,000.

I may have the numbers wrong, but I know there was some moaning going on.

1 minute ago, The Liquidator said:

I agree with you, but alas, my own club are guilty of too many inflated 5 year contracts for young players who excel in their own age group.

You often find, if a club are desperate to find somewhere for one of their high contracted players, they will pay a percentage of his contract to make the loan happen. Wilson maybe such a case because I seem to remember complaints about your former player Rooney signing for Salford for just 6,000 a week. If Aberdeen are complaining about that, they sure are not paying Wilson 30,000.

I may have the numbers wrong, but I know there was some moaning going on.

Aberdeen will not paying nowhere near his Man United wages. I'd be surprised if they were even paying 10% of it.

Archived