talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

I would leave it all for a bit of Klopp!!!

I'm not suggesting there should be more pressure on him as I already said he's put Liverpool on an upward curve and it's understandable that Liverpool fans are happy with him. All I'm saying is that it's not much more than him getting Liverpool to finish top 4 back to back.

I don't even really mind Klopp or Pochettino getting this level of adulation for not winning trophies with good squads though. Just makes Wenger look like an unmatched football genius for the period we were selling our top players, replaced them with crap, were predicted to disintegrate and then finished top 4 anyway. Good times.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Klopp and Guardiola took the game to a different level in England, doing wonders for English football in Europe as well. Both their sides are now good enough to compete with and beat the best in Europe, and their quality also forces other English sides to be better if they wish to compete internally, which I think will result in English dominance in European competitions in the next few years. We might still see the usual suspects winning the CL, but there will be more English sides in the late stages for sure.

On 15/08/2018 at 00:32, Machado said:

Klopp and Guardiola took the game to a different level in England, doing wonders for English football in Europe as well. Both their sides are now good enough to compete with and beat the best in Europe, and their quality also forces other English sides to be better if they wish to compete internally, which I think will result in English dominance in European competitions in the next few years. We might still see the usual suspects winning the CL, but there will be more English sides in the late stages for sure.

Wow! Short memory

Archived