La Liga - Week 1 Fixtures - 17th-20th August 2018

football forum

• The topic was pinned
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
9 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Valencia v Atlético Madrid is the stand out game there!  Should be a great watch that one... What a match to start the season!

Real vs Getafe should be an intriguing mid-table battle.

57 minutes ago, Stan said:

Real vs Getafe should be an intriguing mid-table battle.

Actually Getafe have been known to give Real really tough games in the past.  But I have an inkling things will start well with Lopetegui.

Watching Real Betis vs Levante and before the kickoff I thought Betis would batter Levante but at half time Levante were leading surprisingly. A moment of lapse by Betis's defense costed them the goal. Betis had a lot of the ball in the whole half and they suddenly woke up after conceding are pushing hard for that equaliser and they did have a couple of brilliant chances but couldnt score. Loving the match so far and glad football is back

Odd result from Real Betis to be honest.  They have a more than handy squad and have been tipped by many to be the revelation of the season. Don't know how much of a revelation thohgh because their second half to last season's ca Paige was fantastic and they qualified for the Europa League.  But this result makes you think.

5 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Odd result from Real Betis to be honest.  They have a more than handy squad and have been tipped by many to be the revelation of the season. Don't know how much of a revelation thohgh because their second half to last season's ca Paige was fantastic and they qualified for the Europa League.  But this result makes you think.

What about how Levante were playing like towards the end of last season? They looked brilliant, so maybe they themselves could be a revelation this season. 

3 hours ago, The Rebel CRS said:

What about how Levante were playing like towards the end of last season? They looked brilliant, so maybe they themselves could be a revelation this season. 

I can't say anything nice about Levante I'm afraid mate.  They're associated to Spurs this year! :ph34r:

Hope they get relegated.  xD

• Administrator

Dembele has nearly got 2 brilliant through-balls in to Messi which surely would have led to goals but they've been cut out last-ditch by the defenders. 

A lot of the attacking going through Dembele and getting him on the ball more. Tempo has been picked up a little more in the last 5 minutes.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived