• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Samuel Eto'o

football forum

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, Danny said:

He was one of the best strikers in the world and of all time, how many players can say they've won two trebles in separate leagues?

Although his association with the Inter treble was more one of defensive responsibilities, I agree with you in that Eto'o should be recognised as one of the great strikers.  He was phenomenal and you knew that with him in your side you always had a chance at the height of his career.

5 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

His best days were easily when he was at Barcelona.

I don't watch Barcelona and thus didn't want to state something based on number. 

At Inter he was class, though. 

1 minute ago, Eco said:

I don't watch Barcelona and thus didn't want to state something based on number. 

At Inter he was class, though. 

Yeah I remember him being class there too from what I watched of him.

Before Barcelona when he was at Mallorca, he was brilliant back then as well. He's been around forever.

Without a shadow of a doubt Eto'o's time in Spain was the hight of his career.  I did watch him at Inter and even though he was very good, he wasn't great like he was at Barça...  At Barcelona he was one of the greatest strikers on earth and one thing's for sure, he was never put on the wing and asked to defend at Barcelona.

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

Without a shadow of a doubt Eto'o's time in Spain was the hight of his career.  I did watch him at Inter and even though he was very good, he wasn't great like he was at Barça...  At Barcelona he was one of the greatest strikers on earth and one thing's for sure, he was never put on the wing and asked to defend at Barcelona.

It worked though didn't it?

6 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

It worked though didn't it?

Yep! It did but it had nothing to do with Eto'o's quality as a striker and more to do with how Mourinho has done things throughout his career as a coach (minus his Porto moment).

On 15/08/2018 at 09:47, SirBalon said:

Although his association with the Inter treble was more one of defensive responsibilities, I agree with you in that Eto'o should be recognised as one of the great strikers.  He was phenomenal and you knew that with him in your side you always had a chance at the height of his career.

Eto broke my heart when he scored the equaliser against us in the champions league :(

19 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Eto broke my heart when he scored the equaliser against us in the champions league :(

I didn’t see it and haven’t to this day. I have no idea whatsoever what the goals look like in that game. 

20 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I didn’t see it and haven’t to this day. I have no idea whatsoever what the goals look like in that game. 

What? You being serious?

2 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

What? You being serious?

I’ve told the story many times before. Didn’t watch that game and didn’t watch either of the two European Championship Finals Spain played (2008 and 2012), neither the World Cup Final in South Africa 2010. 

Archived