talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Alisher Usmanov & Everton

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With things going a bit quiet on the new stadium you'd hope a possible takeover is the reason rather than it just stalling. I'm not sure what to make of it, realistically Everton don't have much of a chance of competing at the top without a big investor, certainly in the near future but to see another club become a plaything would be a bit depressing and hollow any success which came their way because of it.

• Subscriber
27 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

With things going a bit quiet on the new stadium you'd hope a possible takeover is the reason rather than it just stalling. I'm not sure what to make of it, realistically Everton don't have much of a chance of competing at the top without a big investor, certainly in the near future but to see another club become a plaything would be a bit depressing and hollow any success which came their way because of it.

Really hard to have your cake and eat it now. 7 years ago or so some of the Everton Twitterati would still have said they'd rather not win things and keep the club identity than have a Russian billionaire take over like Chelsea or City. Now though there's an unashamed desire to see Usmanov pump money in.

As for the stadium, the club has employed a new stadium development director or something yesterday/today. There are concerns within pockets of the fanbase that the club aren't listening to feedback about the capacity and want to stick to 55000 tops when the numbers provide evidence that they'd sell out most weeks at 60k or more. Might have got my numbers slightly wrong there admittedly.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Isn't Usmanov a big business partner of Moshiri?

Yes that's why the rumours abound and have done for a while before he sold his Arsenal shares. There are friends and at least former business partners. I don't know if they're still involved directly with each other because who gives a shit about business outside of club ownership after all? But he does sponsor our training ground USM Finch Farm.

I don't think we'll hear much in the near future about this one and I'm not as enthused about us becoming mega rich as some Everton fans seem to be, so I think I'm looking at this logically, without cartoon dollar signs replacing my eyes, and I do think that something will happen here at some point. I doubt he'd make the comments he has today if there wasn't at least a chance of him investing in Everton.

What people need to remember is that just because he has 10 billion bucks or whatever doesn't mean that if he invests in Everton then we'll have 10 billion bucks. Might just be a small investment to assist Moshiri in retaining control over the club in the long term.

On 14/08/2018 at 22:27, Harvsky said:

I wish this Bond villain would buy us 

I think delia smith would be a better owner than Mike Ashley

2 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@SirBalon Usmanov wasn't a massive problem at arsenal was he? He always said he would invest is he was majority share holder

He’s a businessman so he has his own beneficial reasons to want to control Arsenal. Remember he’s not from the UK and definitely not from Highbury born into what Arsenal means locally.

But!

But he was in it to invest and not like Koenke who is in it to cash in his dividends. 

16 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I think delia smith would be a better owner than Mike Ashley

That’s probably true. Remember her drunk “let’s be aving ya” moment xD - I now always associate Norwich with that moment and also Suarez scoring on them like he hated them and wanted them to go down.

40 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

That’s probably true. Remember her drunk “let’s be aving ya” moment xD - I now always associate Norwich with that moment and also Suarez scoring on them like he hated them and wanted them to go down.

Everyone associates that with norwich xD

1 hour ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Everyone associates that with norwich xD

Decades from now I'll still have that as my first memory when someone brings up Norwich in any footballing context. There's simply no way to erase it from my mind.

Archived